Jeep Expedition Kitchen DIY

sonoranjosh

www.sonorantrails.com
This came together after I butchered an entire sheet of plywood. It's way too ugly, but way too functional to ditch. It holds everything and fits very snug in the rear of the JK.

kitchen.jpg

alsmith

Observer
Nice love it! My prerequisite was that I didn't have to take it out of the vehicle to cook with. When I did my arctic expedition we were on the move every day and seeing up camp was just one more thing. Plus you need to cook at least 2 times a day so the kitchen in my mind was more important for fast set up than even the tent.

alsmith

Observer
FYI Everyone I should have the prototype of the new kitchen mid May so I will post a short video once that in in the jeep.

alsmith

Observer
Arrives This week

Hello!

Just an update that Version 2 arrives this week from the sheet metal manufacturer and I'm pretty excited.. once I get it all assembled I'll shoot a video of it and post it here. It's quite a bit different than the first one I made from wood :)

alsmith

Observer
VIDEO of New Design for my Jeep Kitchen

Here is a link to the newest version of the jeep kitchen.

I have a third one already being made that took 50 pounds of of this one and am going to make a couple for my friends that have asked for one. If anyone is interested I am going to do a run of them and the more people that want them the more the price drops. I am going to get pricing from the fabrication guys for a run of 20 so we can see what the price would be for that. Let me know if you are interested. al@alsmith.com

Here is the video tour of the new jeep kitchen it's way better that the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JLAt4TTHRA

alsmith

Observer
Thanks I 've really been working hard on making it a simple, useful and light as possible. Any ideas are always welcome!

alsmith

Observer
Newest Edition being assembled today!!

Hello everyone the third prototype is coming I'm assembling it this weekend :) here's a sneak peak.

image18.jpgimage15.jpg

alsmith

Observer
PRICING IS HERE!!!

Hello!

Pricing is here for the Jeep Kitchen!

The minimum order sweet spot is 10 units so as soon as I have 10 other people that confirm and send money I’ll do the first run.

I have priced it for Stainless Steal and Coated Steal so you can see the difference. I would recommend we all do them out of Stainless as it will last almost forever. I will be doing a stainless one for myself as it’s only another $300 which was less than powder coating the steals ones. Given I have had interest from both the US and Canada I have provided both prices.

Price per unit:

- Coated Steal: $1,425.00 (US) / $1,909 (Canadian) [plus shipping and taxes if they apply]
- Stainless: $1,695.00 (US) / $2,272 (Canadian) [plus shipping and taxes if they apply]

Here is a video I shot today of the newest one so you can see the changes. CLICK HERE

The interest in this Kitchen has been amazing so I’m going to be setting this up as a company and selling them online. The prices will be much higher than what is stated here when that happens as I will be doing all the labour myself for this first run.

If you order as part of this first 10 you will be saving well over $1,000 on the cost of them once they go live online.

I'm also planning a Whip Saw Trail Trip for this group once we all have them installed for early next summer :)

Email me at al@alsmith.com if you want to reserve one of the first 10 units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier