Jeep Commando

nick_n_ii

They are built on the JKU. but with a rear door delete.
Basically a JK8 kit.
They also have leafs in the rear, D60 rear, HP44 front axles...

jgaz

Adventurer
Here’s a decent article on the J8 and also the AIL Storm Mark III.

Ive seen and driven quite a number of imported J8‘s. Definitely more truck like than a JK.
The later ones had a totally different air cleaner set then this article describes.

The J8 had a really cool rear swing gate. It was basically JK sheet metal fastened to an external skeleton of rectangular steel tubing. Waaaay beefier than stock JK.
I always wanted to see if the J8/JK gates were a direct swap but never was able to try it.

Last edited:

GB_Willys_2014

Here’s a decent article on the J8 and also the AIL Storm Mark III.

Ive seen and driven quite a number of imported J8‘s. Definitely more truck like than a JK.
The later ones had a totally different air cleaner set then this article describes.

The J8 had a really cool rear swing gate. It was basically JK sheet metal fastened to an external skeleton of rectangular steel tubing. Waaaay beefier than stock JK.
I always wanted to see if the J8/JK gates were a direct swap but never was able to try it.
Good article. Thanks for sharing!

I was in Israel last June, and IDF Storm III are very common in the road. Also, not uncommon to see civilian US spec, basically, Wranglers.

J8 based Storms may be truck like, but they HAVE to be light years better than the old Ford Jeep/MUTT and wonky "PowerWagon / Command Cars" from my service days.

I know we are in the wrong sub-forum, but if we really want to talk about cool civilianesqe military off-road vehicles, the D90's are it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke