JDM Mitsubishi Delica JB500 camper body on L300 truck chassis build

mobydick 11

I did not make a hole . Do you see the trim piece that goes up the sides and across the top . pull out the rubber welting from the center . there is then a bunch of screws that are exposed . Remove the screws and cut along the calking where it meets the bumper across the bottom . I think you have to take the bolts out and remove the ladder as well . The hole back of the camper comes off . at least mine did . probably missing a few things ,but it was a couple years ago .I think you have to access the back to remove the propane and electrical lines .
I removed the hot water tank as well . as I said don't be surprised if the floor is all rotten .

Hernandm8800

Hey thanks very much!!! I didn't even think of that. I will do my best to keep this forum posted on my upgrades. I have done quite a bit. As far as installing 2 batteries out of a Tesla model s and a pretty robust solar system.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

mobydick 11

Hey thanks very much!!! I didn't even think of that. I will do my best to keep this forum posted on my upgrades. I have done quite a bit. As far as installing 2 batteries out of a Tesla model s and a pretty robust solar system.

I will follow along and help when I can ,I have my hands full with the Dokas. Because the gray water tank covers the underside of the back floor ,it is very hard to know you have a wood rot problem .Anyone not removing the back wall should remove the spare tire and gray tank and check the floor and crossmembers .As they rot too .

Hernandm8800

I will follow along and help when I can ,I have my hands full with the Dokas. Because the gray water tank covers the underside of the back floor ,it is very hard to know you have a wood rot problem .Anyone not removing the back wall should remove the spare tire and gray tank and check the floor and crossmembers .As they rot too .
Ive checked the under side looked pretty good. As far as rust its spot free. What is a doka?

Hernandm8800

Ahh prolly 20 gallons. I dont use mine though. I use a five gallon blue water jug plumbed to the sink.

Torbot

@outside.the.9to5 my main water tank and gray water tank both hold about 26 gallons, then there's a separate removable 5 gallon tank just for drinking water as Hernandm8800 mentioned.

@Hernandm8800 So sorry for not getting back to you sooner, and sorry to hear about your window! Not sure where you can source them but I know there are manufacturers out there that make them (mostly UK based). This is just one example but I'm sure there's more. You could maybe get a custom made one, or buy one that's roughly the same size and adjust the existing hole to fit. Not an easy task either way, but I'm sure it could be done.

Re: the fridge; maybe you already figured it out, but Mobydick 11 is correct about the screws in the face and side, but you also have to disconnect the propane line. I don't recall exactly how I did it, but I think I had the drawer and the stove removed at the time making it easier to get to the connections. He's also right in that you'll likely have a lot of wood rot back there. I'd removed the gray tank and ended up putting new plywood panels from underneath. A lot of the leaks come from the fridge vents in back so I sealed them up as best as I could. I think I'm still getting some leaks from those screws Mobydick11 mentioned as I don't have a trim piece covering those, so will tackle that soon.

@mobydick 11 those double cab Doka Syncros are some of my favorite vehicles.Would love to see a picture!

mobydick 11

@outside.the.9to5 my main water tank and gray water tank both hold about 26 gallons, then there's a separate removable 5 gallon tank just for drinking water as Hernandm8800 mentioned.

@Hernandm8800 So sorry for not getting back to you sooner, and sorry to hear about your window! Not sure where you can source them but I know there are manufacturers out there that make them (mostly UK based). This is just one example but I'm sure there's more. You could maybe get a custom made one, or buy one that's roughly the same size and adjust the existing hole to fit. Not an easy task either way, but I'm sure it could be done.

Re: the fridge; maybe you already figured it out, but Mobydick 11 is correct about the screws in the face and side, but you also have to disconnect the propane line. I don't recall exactly how I did it, but I think I had the drawer and the stove removed at the time making it easier to get to the connections. He's also right in that you'll likely have a lot of wood rot back there. I'd removed the gray tank and ended up putting new plywood panels from underneath. A lot of the leaks come from the fridge vents in back so I sealed them up as best as I could. I think I'm still getting some leaks from those screws Mobydick11 mentioned as I don't have a trim piece covering those, so will tackle that soon.

@mobydick 11 those double cab Doka Syncros are some of my favorite vehicles.Would love to see a picture!
You can purchase the rubber trim off Amazon in the RV section ,just measure the width and length . they sell it by the foot. I did feel fairly certain that most of the campers will have the dry rot ,as I think this may be a design flaw . Another little tip ,if you are looking for the original water pump it is on the inside of the tank . Someone had added a new pump to the outside on mine ,but left the old one wired up inside . Caused me lots of problems until I figured it out .

Torbot

Another little tip ,if you are looking for the original water pump it is on the inside of the tank . Someone had added a new pump to the outside on mine ,but left the old one wired up inside . Caused me lots of problems until I figured it out .

Ours had three pumps. One inside the 5 gallon fresh water jug (I replaced that with a manual pump), and two attached to the main water tank; one inside and one outside the tank. Presumably one was for the shower and the other for the kitchen tap, though I I’m not sure why they did it that way. I replaced both of them with a single shurflo pump.

Hernandm8800

I have had some issues sourcing a oil filter in the states. anyone know of a part number or model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plh

Explorer
I have had some issues sourcing a oil filter in the states. anyone know of a part number or model?

4D56? check a Fleetguard LF3564 or Wix 51067

here is a cross references

Last edited:

plh

Explorer
I have the 4D55. I thought they used a different filter.

yeah, you will need to know a few things. Long or short, 20mm x 1.5mmm thread or 26mm X1.5mm thread

Standard 4D55 used a WIX 51324 (short & small thread) or WIX 51067 (long & large thread)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles