JDay's 2018 F250 Powerstroke Build

Jday14

What air pressure would you guys suggest for 35x12.50s on a 20x8 wheel offroad? I run about 50psi for daily driving. I know I don't have a whole lot of sidewall to work with, but would definitely like to drop it down a little for comfort on the trails.

Sempertoy

Explorer
what part of TX are you in? I am heavily considering making the switch to a full size from the Land Cruiser world. I would love to see this in person.

Jday14

what part of TX are you in? I am heavily considering making the switch to a full size from the Land Cruiser world. I would love to see this in person.
I live in College Station. The truck is still pretty much all stock though.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I have pretty much the same truck, I run 18" methods and 35" toyos. For psi I keep it at 50 so I can't help on that part. You could go down to 30 safely offroad at slower speeds. You want to keep an eye on tire temps, heavy truck they are gonna get hot at low psi if you run it much.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I never ran less than 25psi when I was running 37's on 20's on the Alumiduty when off-road, but I am sure you can safely go lower if done at low speeds. I ran the tires at 45-50psi for everyday use on that truck.

I run 37's on 18's now and I have gone down to 18psi and still ran it on the beach at speeds in excess of 40mph with no issues. I'd personally be hard pressed to go lower than 12-15psi on a non-beadlock wheel with these heavy diesel trucks. Of course that can vary depending on the width of the wheel and tire, speeds, loads, wheel diameter, etc.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Go down until you get a good bulge with your tire parked on top a 4x4 (chunk of wood, not a chevy).

Something you need to do with most MT's to break them in. Cooper Stt's increase in performance a ton after some time air'd down makes them more flexible. They won't flex well when new and at low pressures. So take that wood block with you and run it over to see if your tires are too low, as they break in.

mccustomize

Explorer
Saw a bunch of dirt roads over the weekend driving through central Texas. Really wishing I’d spent the money on the Carli suspension already rather than the bumper and lights, which, by the way, should get here this week. The picture below is at the Regency Bridge near San Saba, Texas.

Looking forward to Big Bend in a few weeks.

My wife's grandfather redid that bridge in the mid-90s, had at the time Gov Bush out to shake hands and such, was a big deal. There's a TON of cool stuff around central texas to see, I've traveled hundreds of miles on dirt alone in central texas.

Truck looks great, can't wait to see the additions.

js9234

Observer
Seems like there's quite a few of us Texans on here with Full Sizers. I'm in Central Texas as well with a Ram 3500. Lots of places to explore if you know where to go. PINS is probably the one I hear about the most and it's a cool place. Glen Rose area has some neat places as well.

Jday14

Finally got my bumper and lights mounted. ADD Stealth Fighter with a Baja Designs OnX6 40” and two S8 10” bars. I think the bumper looks great, but I struggled with getting it lined up perfectly on the truck. Still about 1/4” low and left, but I’ve kinda given up on it after having taken it off three separate times to adjust it.

D41E50F1-98DA-49AE-8D9B-7A48ABF9EB95.jpegD30879A7-056A-4BDE-8A9A-4906BD12509E.jpeg

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
How much was that? I like the angled lights, if they light up tight corners. Hardly looks like a winch even fits in there. Nice and tight.

Can't you just loosen it, kick it, tighten it back up?

Jday14

Seems like there's quite a few of us Texans on here with Full Sizers. I'm in Central Texas as well with a Ram 3500. Lots of places to explore if you know where to go. PINS is probably the one I hear about the most and it's a cool place. Glen Rose area has some neat places as well.

I'm not too familiar with the Glen Rose area. What is there to do up there?

Jday14

How much was that? I like the angled lights, if they light up tight corners. Hardly looks like a winch even fits in there. Nice and tight.

Can't you just loosen it, kick it, tighten it back up?

About $2k. The angled lights are great for lighting up the ditches and turns. The bumper is tight. A Smittybilt 12.5k is the largest winch that ADD says will fit. I'm not sure how this compares to some of the sleeker Warn offerings.

Man, I've tried a few times, but the nutclips it requires aren't allowing much side to side movement at all. Gonna give it another go when I get some more time.

Going to Big Bend in 2 weeks. Driving Black Gap Road and most of River Road West with one of my buddies in his 2017 Raptor. It'll be his first offroad experience.

ITTOG

I have a f150 and am in Conroe. The group grows.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles