Jamie's 2000 Tacoma Build-up

ECVMatt

Observer
Nice Set up...

Who made the rack you have in the bed of your truck?

Does is restrict access to your gear in the bed?

I have been looking for something like that.

Thanks,

Matt

SAR_Squid79

Explorer

My bed rack is a custom job built for me by 4xInnovations
www.4xinnovations.com

The bed rack is AWESOME! Adam built it exactly like I wanted. It can be installed and removed in minutes if I don't want it on the truck all the time. It does not resctict access to anything in the truck. I have a toolbox in the bed of my truck and I wanted a rack / basket that would still allow access to the tool box. This setup has worked out GREAT! The rack is set up so that I can interchange the basket or my RTT.

More info:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111091

More pictures:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1427272&postcount=10
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=324522&postcount=15
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22212

Last edited:

mcm4090

Explorer
I friend of mine built a bed rack a few years back for his Frontier. Looks just like the one you have now.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Your ride

Hey bud I have been looking for your ride on Thun--- dr and have not see it. You still around? Nice mods looking like a very nice offroader. Rich.

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
You've been looking for my ride WHERE?

...yep I'm still around - sort of - I'm in Afghanistan for a few more months. I'll be back in San Diego probably late October. I'll be itching to hit the trails!

OldSven

Explorer
Glad I got the 4runner, to many simularities here. Even the little dog in the tent:sombrero:

DSC09614.jpg

87FoRunner

Adventurer
One of my favorite Toyotas. :sombrero:

Awesome build, if something were to happen to my 05 Tacoma I would hunt down another 98-00 TRD and build it like yours. I miss my 98 Reg cab and was going to do a very similar setup like yours. Best of luck :smiley_drive:

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
Thanks man!!

Yeah - there's really only a few more things that I really want to do to her. I have definitely shifted from "BUILD" mode to "MAINTAIN" mode.

I still want a front locker, I gotta get better seats, I want to jump up 1 tire & rim size, POSSIBLY re-gear, brakes upgrade, headlight upgrade - and a few other odds and ends. For the immediate future, I just want to take care of a few maintenance items on the Tacoma, and get my trailer really finished up like I want it. I also need to regear my Land Cruiser to 4.88, and get some sliders on there too, so i can take it camping if I want.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
You've been looking for my ride WHERE?

...yep I'm still around - sort of - I'm in Afghanistan for a few more months. I'll be back in San Diego probably late October. I'll be itching to hit the trails!
You said you live on t---der drive. I know you are out of country just looking to see if I could find it. No big deal wanted to see how close you were,maybe keep an eye out for ya. When you get back look me up on Linda dr. American flag 61ft in the air hard to miss.

pray4surf

Explorer
You said you live on t---der drive. I know you are out of country just looking to see if I could find it. No big deal wanted to see how close you were,maybe keep an eye out for ya. When you get back look me up on Linda dr. American flag 61ft in the air hard to miss.

Are you perhaps confusing me with Jaime? I live on t___der drive... We've exchanged PM's in the past ;)

Keep your eye out for this truck (thought the tent is off until needed).
DSC01728.jpg

Yes, it's a converted PreRunner also - Jaime did his before I did mine :)

Rick

Last edited:

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
I live in Tierrasanta, in San Diego - off of S---o Rd. My truck is being kept at an undisclosed location, at my in-law's house nearby.

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
The wife and I were just down your way in Escandido at my aunts house for a week, awsome down there!

I saw your post where you said you were going to SD. I wish I had been home because:

#1 - San Diego is better than Afghanistan
#2 - So I could finally meet you, and buy you a drink.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Are you perhaps confusing me with Jaime? I live on t___der drive... We've exchanged PM's in the past ;)

Keep your eye out for this truck (thought the tent is off until needed).
DSC01728.jpg

Yes, it's a converted PreRunner also - Jaime did his before I did mine :)

Rick
Ya my bad sorry SARS it was Pray4surf who lives close to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier