James Baroud vs. AZ Sun

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
About to pull the trigger on a James Baroud. However I am concerned about the effect the Arizona Sun will have on the fiberglass. I do not have shaded parking a majority of the day and tent will need to stay on the vehicle full time. Any feedback would be great!

brentbba

Explorer
SoCal sun with me, and yes, not as bad as what you get in AZ! Based on a recommendation of a friend with a 5+ year old Maggiolina, he HIGHLY suggested finding the best boating fiberglass cleaner/protectant with UV protectant and use it very regularly! From memory, I settled on Meguiar's Flagship Premium Marine wax I apply it twice a year and while my tent is JB is barely over a year old, it still looks brand new...and its a white top. Once clean, it's only a 10-15 minute job to apply and remove the product. You aren't doing a large area! ? Another option is to have a custom cover made to protect it. I've used the little cover JB ships with during the hot summers here. I think that cover is really only designed for shipping, and perhaps storage to keep dust off? It's holding up great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94