Jake’s 1st Gen Tundra Camping Build & Trips

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
Its on the thicker side but you may be able to get away with drilling relief holes on the corners and using a jigsaw to cut the pockets. A grinder would work but can be tricky to cut tight slots.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
I'm going to pick up a couple nice jig saw blades and try that first.
Thanks for the recommendation.

smokeysevin

Observer
I'm going to pick up a couple nice jig saw blades and try that first.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Go slow and let the tool work, lube the blade and don't try to steer it too much.

Also make sure you aren't going to hit anything with the blade like a reinforcement rib or something.

You can also start the cut with a grinder, cut all the way through the metal and then use the jig saw to finish up the corners.

Good luck,

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2scars

Adventurer
Love hanging out in the GWNF, there are a bunch of cool spots on the Big Level (Bald Mountain?) trail. I'm in Richmond area, you at the beach?

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
Looking for some advice.
The truck has developed a slight shake around 60-70MPH. I feel it most in the steering wheel but I think it is the whole cab shaking.

What I have done so far:
110k miles
Energy Suspension Steering Rack Bushings
Outer Tie Rods
Upper and Lower BJs
LCA Bushings
OME 2" w/ Diff Drop
New tires + balancing
Alignment

My local shop did not have a clue. Toyota dealership appointment in a week.
What should I try in the meantime?

Kpack

Adventurer
I had been chasing a shake/vibration of unknown origin for a while. I finally gave up and stopped caring. My steering wheel shakes slightly at freeway speeds right now, though I'm not sure why. I just live with it, because I've found that if I get everything super-smooth for the road it just gets knocked back when I go off road.

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
I had been chasing a shake/vibration of unknown origin for a while. I finally gave up and stopped caring. My steering wheel shakes slightly at freeway speeds right now, though I'm not sure why. I just live with it, because I've found that if I get everything super-smooth for the road it just gets knocked back when I go off road.
Have you looked into one piece driveshafts. Tom Woods seems to have a good reputation and are not too expensive.
I'm having my DS balanced Monday, so fingers crossed.

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
What's the general consensus on diff drops? I installed one when I did my lift, but have heard some people say it's not a good idea on our trucks.

bkg

Explorer
that'd be a
Have you looked into one piece driveshafts. Tom Woods seems to have a good reputation and are not too expensive.
I'm having my DS balanced Monday, so fingers crossed.

I can imagine that'd be one heck of a long DS... some benefits, some risks...

RE: Diff drop... three trucks with drops here w/o problems.

smokeysevin

Observer
Have had this diff drop on my truck for almost 10 years. Haven't had any issues. What are the typical issues people have?
Running the same one, I think the main complaint is that it doesn't do much.

I just finished the 4wd swap on my truck so I can't comment for long term.

I will say that when cycling the suspension while tubbing the wheelwells, the cv's start to get stiff at full bump and full droop.

Sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles