Jake’s 1st Gen Tundra Camping Build & Trips

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
Do any of my fellow first gen tundra owners know off hand which dial on the headlight assembly raises and lowers the beam?

edit:
It's the bottom adjuster and going clockwise lowers the beam.

Last edited:

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
Summer Update:
Truck progress has been slow since I joined a volunteer fire station at the beginning of the year. Recently rolled 100k miles though.

I am currently collecting parts for a front end refresh. UBJ, LBJ, OTR, Boots, ect. That will be coming soon.

Yesterday I picked up another truck cap for a couple hundred bucks. Its for a double cab 1GT so it's about an inch short, but I've got some plans to make it work.
IMG_1717.JPG

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
End of 2019 Update

Truck Caps:
I ended up selling that larger Leer Cap for what I paid for it. It ended up being too short and too damaged.
I picked up a maroon fiberglass ARE MX cap I want to try out to see how I like it compared to my current ARE DCU.

I bought a set of SCS F5 wheels 17x9 -38 wrapped in some 31" BFG ATs (pictured below)
IMG_1895(1).JPG

I completed my week-long front end refresh with:
OEM Upper/Lower Ball Joints
OEM Outer Tie Rods
OEM Lower Control Arms
Energy Suspension Steering rack bushings
Ofroad-Solutions Outer CV Boots
SPC Alignment Cams

Started on frame treatment using Rustoleum Rust Reformer and Fluid Film. Extremely arduous process, but somewhat rewarding.

IMG_1922.jpg
IMG_2048.jpg

2020 Goals
  • Finish Center Console Build (75% complete)
  • Finish Dual Battery Install (90% complete)
  • Finish Aux accessory 12v system Install (25% complete)
  • Finish Frame Treatment (25% complete)
  • Build Truck Bed Drawers
  • Add Aux Lighting

smokeysevin

Observer
I would love to take a look at your console even if its still in progress. I am working through that now as well.

Sean

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
I would love to take a look at your console even if its still in progress. I am working through that now as well.

Sean
So calling it a center console is kind of misleading. It's more just a place to mount switches and radios and stuff.
I can upload some pics. Although at this point, its really just a wooden box.

smokeysevin

Observer
So calling it a center console is kind of misleading. It's more just a place to mount switches and radios and stuff.
I can upload some pics. Although at this point, its really just a wooden box.
Im in the process of doing the same.

Im installing a Winters sidewinder shifter with raddesigns trans controller, raddesigns twin stick transfer case shifter, switchpros unit, raspberry pi gauge, cupholders, radio, power outlets, and a 0.50 cal ammo box for storage.

The picture is preliminary mostly to make sure the shifters work. I plan to get the new stuff water jet cut once I finish the cad work.

Sean
b034e1149766fbcee5f153403a60bbec.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

SportsmanJake

Adventurer

Sean

This is version 1.0. Wood is the only thing I can fabricate with, so wood it is.
IMG_2092.jpg
IMG_2091.jpgIMG_2092.jpg

I spent close to 16 hours trying to build one that lined up with the curves of the dash. Could not quite nail it down, so I eventually said screw it, and built a square one.

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
I am very close to cutting two rectangles into my BFF bumper wings to house lights.
As of now, angle grinder with thin cut-off disc is my top option.

Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles