Jackson Rally Suba Wheeler

gelandegolf

Agreed, very cool! Where is your shop? Might need to hire ya one of these days... :)

Edit: Never mind, I found that info. Now the question is, could you bring yourself to work on something other than a Subie?

Last edited:

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Thanks for the kind words!! I wish I had time to finish it up. When I tore it apart last october I had planned on it only taking 2 months to build. I kept up on the insurance as motivation, but I had to push it outside to bring in a few paying projects. Ill be happy to have it back together for some winter fun.

My shop is in Murrieta, CA. I can definetly work on whatever you have. Shoot me a pm or email.

kjacksonrally@gmail.com (personal)
jacksonrally@gmail.com (business)

brianwj

Observer
This is a great build I'm a huge Subaru fan and you are making a hell of a car. I had the same car but red and had a lot of fun driving the fire and logging roads with it.

JacksonRally

Adventurer
A few months ago I was doing a little welding work for a guy and he had a bunch off coilover shocks lying around. So I traded for the last $200 he owed me and got a set of Fox 10'' 2.0 coilovers. These will be for the rear. I probably wont start the suspension upgrades til next year but I like to gather parts waaay ahead of time. I also have a complete parts car that I was thinking I will just build the suspension off of that and bolt onto my car when its done.

PICT0923-2.jpg

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Now that the wife officially took over my WRX wagon as her car I took out the Lowrance 540c GPS and will be putting it in the GL wagon.

Heres a pic of it when it was in the WRX

PICT0128.jpg

Also all of my recovery gear I had in the WRX will be going into the GL. The basics, hi-lift, jumpers, 30' strap, tree saver strap, hi-lift wheel attachment, hi-lift wide base, air comp, tools and other misc 4x4 gear.

again all shown here when it was in the WRX

PICT0575.jpg

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Finally made room in the shop to bring my car back indoors. I have 86 days til our annual Jackson family outing to Big Bear to go play in the snow. Lots to do!

JacksonRally

Adventurer
So its been a few months, time for an update. Didnt make Big Bear in this car, had to take my WRX wagon. The usual combination of little time and less money has sidelined the project the last few months. However I did manage to get a few things done.

New lower radiator mounts/tie in/boxing front unibody framerails

uploadtophotobucket010_zps3c98fe6a.jpg

uploadtophotobucket009_zpsfc520874.jpg

uploadtophotobucket011_zpseb998303.jpg

uploadtophotobucket007_zps7b70eca9.jpg

uploadtophotobucket006_zps47c765ed.jpg

Mounted ecu up high under dash

uploadtophotobucket_zpsb0d195cb.jpg

Dash finally installed for good

PICT0920_zpscadf6895.jpg

Mounting hvac controls in dash

uploadtophotobucket_zps693ece91.jpg

And finally the one thing that makes me the most happy is my cupholder. These darn cars didnt have any back in 87. I made this and the center console panels a few years ago but just recently took a pick. I have a 930 CV boot that I am planning on using as a shifter boot.

PICT0923-3_zps9f581f68.jpg

Jrally

Adventurer
Looking great, love the interior mods and beautiful tig work. I'm day dreaming of my next project lately, wish I had half the welding skills.

-Jon

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Update time.

While I was waiting for the latest JR Rally car to be painted I got a good week to work on the GL.

Radiator mounting complete

uploadtophotobucket007_zps2da16471.jpg

uploadtophotobucket008_zps8c3f79de.jpg

Lower a/c condensor mounts

uploadtophotobucket009_zpsee0adbc6.jpg

uploadtophotobucket013_zps8fd63e4c.jpg

uploadtophotobucket014_zps9d5d2991.jpg

Painted and assembled

uploadtophotobucket017_zps45e1f113.jpg

Under hood done (gonna fashion that intake into a snorkel)

uploadtophotobucket018_zpsc83567b7.jpg

uploadtophotobucket019_zps00d53eb6.jpg

Monted 2001 guage cluster

uploadtophotobucket011_zps73fdfe20.jpg

And had to make an adapter to get air flow to the vents

uploadtophotobucket010_zpseb51b2ef.jpg

Still need fuel pump, exhaust and o2 sensor wiring then I can fire her up!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier