Jack's 2007 Chevy Build

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Great to see your adventures, especially making it to the top of Mt. Patterson. Truck is looking good and your driving is pretty impressive. Keep up the adventures and pictures.

Thank you. I had been up there before with the 4WC, but this was the first time for the Bundutec. Thank you, I'm not sure whether its skills or just not smart enough to turn around...

Will do.

Jack

locrwln

Expedition Leader
After visiting the Devil's Tower, we needed to find a camp spot. We found a great spot off of the highway and had a nice hike after dinner.
IMG_1152-L.jpg

As you can see, we woke up to a weather change.
IMG_1154_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1153-L.jpg

This is also where we split ways. Spressomon's eventual goal was Nebraska and he was on a limited time frame. We wanted to continue northeast-ish, so we headed our way and Spressomon went his.
We found a spot in South Dakota for the night and as you can see, it was still raining/misty so that made it a little less enjoyable for walking about. Not to mention, we were getting into more and more mud. :(

IMG_1156_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1157_heic-L.jpg

When I was in my 20's, I read about Hugh Glass and was seriously impressed, so we decided go to the monument. That really put his ordeal and accomplishment into perspective and of course made it all the more impressive.
IMG_1159_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1160-L.jpg

IMG_1161_heic-L.jpg

Jack

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Because of the rain and weather, we started in a more southerly direction hoping to get out of the storm cells. We didn't...

We eventually made it into upper northwest corner of Missouri after a couple of days. We found a state park to camp in after driving through some torrential rain in Nebraska and Kansas.

IMG_1169_heic-L.jpg

From there we drove to St. Louis to see the arch. I had been as a teenager, but my wife had never been.
IMG_1171_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1172_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1173_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1175_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1181_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1181_heic-L.jpg

Jack

locrwln

Expedition Leader
After St. Louis, we crossed the river into Illinois and found a spot next to a small lake.
IMG_1183_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1185_heic-L.jpg

We continued across Illinois to the Ohio River, where we took a ferry. I have no idea why taking a ferry is so much fun, but it makes it feel like you are on an adventure when you take one.

IMG_1186_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1187_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1191_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1192_heic-L.jpg

Once we made it across the river, we found a great BBQ place in Kentucky. Copper Roof BBQ was soooo good. We even bought some of their sauce to take with us. Our goal for the day was Mammoth Cave. There is definitely a lack of "boondocking" options the further east, so we stayed in the Mammoth Cave campground. I didn't get any pictures of our camp spot as it was just a campground. We took the cave hike, which if I am being honest is a bit of a disappointment. It really is just large cave with little to no features.

If you are going to be in that part of Kentucky, you have to go to the Corvette Museum (well maybe that's just me). Of course I had to get a picture.
IMG_1194_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1196_heic-L.jpg

As you can see from this last picture, my Trasharoo is pretty well done for, this is my second one on the camper. Granted my first one I've had for several years, but this one just didn't hold up to the constant exposure. It was time for something different. I decided to order one from Blue Ridge Overland Gear. It seems to be well built, but time will tell. Of course we were still on the road, so I had it sent to my Dad's place. We left Kentucky and made our way into Tennessee. We didn't spend too much time in Tennessee, we stopped in Nashville, but there was a football game that day, so the city was pretty crazy. We pushed on and made our way west through Tennessee toward Arkansas. Our destination was my dad's place in the Ozarks of Northwest Arkansas.

IMG_1208_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1209_heic-L.jpg

Of course in the name of "I can't leave anything alone," I decided I didn't really like the white canvas of the roof and wanted to change it. I almost did it when I first bought the camper and even purchased the vinyl paint to do it. Unfortunately, I didn't do it then and since we were going to be at my dad's place for a while, I decided give it a go.

IMG_1204_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1205_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1206_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1211_heic-L.jpg

I like the change and wish I would have done it at the beginning.

Jack

luthj

Engineer In Residence
There are a couple counties in western Kansas where the biggest hill is about 10ft tall. With no native trees, you can stand on your porch with a pair of high powered binoculars and look into someones bedroom window in the next town...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well once again its nice seeing your fine truck out there enjoying the back roads and highways Jack. It looks so awesome with the camper on. What a great rig. I can also understand you wanting to go to the Corvette museum. That must have been super cool. Thanks for posting pics of your trip and your truck. Cheers, Chilli... ?

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Well once again its nice seeing your fine truck out there enjoying the back roads and highways Jack. It looks so awesome with the camper on. What a great rig. I can also understand you wanting to go to the Corvette museum. That must have been super cool. Thanks for posting pics of your trip and your truck. Cheers, Chilli... ?

Thank you. It's been a lot of fun and the Corvette Museum is well worth it. You'll probably like this next set as it gets a little more exciting. ;)

Jack

locrwln

Expedition Leader
It was time to hit the road again. We began working our way towards Texas and to some of our friends who live northwest of Ft. Worth.

We found a quiet little spot next to a lake in southwest Arkansas.
IMG_1228_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1230_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1232_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1240_heic-L.jpg

We spent a great couple of days with our friends before moving on. We were still hitting intermittent weather but our general plan was to head south and eventually cross into Mexico. We had a few days to kill, so we headed for Padre Island.
IMG_1258_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1261_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1262_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1270_heic-L.jpg

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles