Jack's 2007 Chevy Build

locrwln

Expedition Leader
A couple of weeks ago, we and some friends headed into the mountains with a goal of Mt. Patterson. Now I have traveled into this area a few times before, but never with my current setup.
Of course we had to get some BBQ in Walker.
IMG_0889-L.jpg

Camp in the morning
IMG_0896-L.jpg

Of course SpressoDan made coffee for everyone.
IMG_0898-L.jpg

"You see that mountain over there; someday, I'm going to climb that mountain."
IMG_0583-L.jpg

IMG_0584-L.jpg

Had to do some tree trimming to fit through.
IMG_0972-L.jpg

Starting to get a little more challenging
IMG_3528-XL.jpg

IMG_3532-XL.jpg

Crap... Don't you hate washouts on shelf roads.
IMG_3533-L.jpg

We attached a strap to SpressoDan to be sure, but the truck actually drove out of this.

Getting to towards the top.
IMG_0900-L.jpg

IMG_0905-L.jpg

IMG_0730-L.jpg

IMG_0748-L.jpg

IMG_0746-L.jpg

Made it to the top. Mt. Patterson @ 11678' pretty sure mine is the first Bundutec camper to reach the top.
IMG_0912-L.jpg

Jack

locrwln

Expedition Leader
You know that if you go up, you must go down.

IMG_0603-L.jpg

IMG_3599-L.jpg

IMG_3611-L.jpg

That little trail was very tight and there were a few places that I was inches from the fence on the left and boulders on the right. Almost made it unscathed.
IMG_1010-L.jpg

Camp time.
IMG_1002-L.jpg

The next day, we made our way into Bodie and down Aurora Canyon. We were told that the road washed out, but we decided to see for ourselves.
IMG_0604-L.jpg

IMG_0605-L.jpg

Yep, it was.
IMG_1016-L.jpg

So we turned around and tried another road. It started out rough and only got more so.
IMG_0609-L.jpg

We crossed this little spring while traveling down into the valley in the background. Unfortunately, the road ended and we had to turn around. Needless to say, no amount of locker or traction mat would work. I had to break out the winch for the first time since installing it. The tree you see in the background was the only one within winch range. Fortunately, SpressoDan was in front and I was able to anchor to him to pull me up this section.
IMG_0610-L.jpg

And on the way down, I heard the truck hit something. I thought perhaps it was the rock slider. It wasn't...
IMG_1018-L.jpg

IMG_1019-L.jpg

After this, we decided it was time to head for home.

Jack

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Thanks for sharing!

I am looking forward to spending a month or so doing just this, when im back from this Contract.

I am thinking maybe a PNW hot springs tour...

or heading down to the Alvord desert and NV area.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Without your great driving skillz Jack, your rig would still be...stuck in any number of places we went :D

Hah! I don't know about that, but I'm sure a smart person would have turned around long before we did. :p

Thanks for sharing!

I am looking forward to spending a month or so doing just this, when im back from this Contract.

I am thinking maybe a PNW hot springs tour...

or heading down to the Alvord desert and NV area.

You are welcome and I don't blame you. Either would be an amazing time.

Jack

Overlandtowater

You know that if you go up, you must go down.

IMG_0603-L.jpg

IMG_3599-L.jpg

IMG_3611-L.jpg

That little trail was very tight and there were a few places that I was inches from the fence on the left and boulders on the right. Almost made it unscathed.
IMG_1010-L.jpg

Camp time.
IMG_1002-L.jpg

The next day, we made our way into Bodie and down Aurora Canyon. We were told that the road washed out, but we decided to see for ourselves.
IMG_0604-L.jpg

IMG_0605-L.jpg

Yep, it was.
IMG_1016-L.jpg

So we turned around and tried another road. It started out rough and only got more so.
IMG_0609-L.jpg

We crossed this little spring while traveling down into the valley in the background. Unfortunately, the road ended and we had to turn around. Needless to say, no amount of locker or traction mat would work. I had to break out the winch for the first time since installing it. The tree you see in the background was the only one within winch range. Fortunately, SpressoDan was in front and I was able to anchor to him to pull me up this section.
IMG_0610-L.jpg

And on the way down, I heard the truck hit something. I thought perhaps it was the rock slider. It wasn't...
IMG_1018-L.jpg

IMG_1019-L.jpg

After this, we decided it was time to head for home.

Jack
Gonna have go bolt some 1/2" plate on the bottom of those cabinets!

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Time for another update. We left in September for a loop through America. Again, our travel partner for the first portion was Spressmon in his '07 DMax with Escape trailer. Our first stop was a hot springs north of Wells, NV.
Beginning mileage:
IMG_1099_heic-L.jpg

Camp and surrounding area:
IMG_1105-L.jpg

IMG_1101_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1104_heic-L.jpg

From there we made our way to the area where to "Golden Spike" was driven in Utah for the meeting of the two rail lines.
IMG_1110-L.jpg

We headed into Idaho to meet up with a friend that was building a house. This is looking to the east from where he is building.
IMG_1120-L.jpg

And camp:
IMG_1121-L.jpg

IMG_1122-L.jpg

Jack

locrwln

Expedition Leader
From there we headed through Yellowstone. We didn't spend too much time there as we were on a bit of a time crunch, so there were some driving days.
IMG_1129_heic-L.jpg

Just as we were almost through the park, Momma and cub decided to cross the road in front of Spressomon.
IMG_1132-L.jpg

Of course there was a second cub that passed between us and Spressomon. Unfortunately, it wasn't in perfect health.
IMG_1134-L.jpg

IMG_1136-L.jpg

If you look closely at this picture you can see the large gash on his/her right rear leg (that was as good of a picture as I could get). Not sure what caused it, but it still managed to climb that rock wall, just a little slower.
IMG_1137-L.jpg

From Yellowstone, we headed to Buffalo, WY.
IMG_1140-L.jpg

Stayed in the Occidental. Very cool hotel if you are ever in the area.
IMG_1141-L.jpg

Stayed in the Teddy Roosevelt Suite.
IMG_1142_heic-L.jpg

From there, we headed over to The Devil's Tower. This was our first time there.
IMG_1145-L.jpg

IMG_1146-L.jpg

IMG_1147_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1148-L.jpg

IMG_1150-L.jpg

More to come.

Jack

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Great to see your adventures, especially making it to the top of Mt. Patterson. Truck is looking good and your driving is pretty impressive. Keep up the adventures and pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles