Jack's 2007 Chevy Build

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Love the way this is coming out so far, also excited to see the pair and the camper. I have heard good tings about Bundutec, and was considering them myself if I had not stepped into the project camper I now have.

Thank you, we are as well. We are due to head out this weekend for Iowa to pick it up. We have checked them out in person and have been impressed so far. Yours was too good of a deal to pass up.

Jack

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Thank you, we are as well. We are due to head out this weekend for Iowa to pick it up. We have checked them out in person and have been impressed so far. Yours was too good of a deal to pass up.

Jack

Thanks, i have put some work into it: but am pretty happy with it still and how well its cleaning up. Safe Travels & Happy Trails for the shakedown trip!

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Whew! The last few weeks have been hectic to say the least. We drove to Iowa to pick up the camper, which involved some very long driving days. We made it there in 2.5 days, 1700ish miles one way. Didn't really do much sight seeing as you can imagine. We made it to Bundutec on Tuesday, September 4th. Rory was putting the final touches on everything trying to get the camper wrapped up. Sorry for the bad lighting, serious contrast between inside and the open door.
IMG_2580-L.jpg

IMG_2582-L.jpg

IMG_2583-L.jpg

We returned on Wednesday to officially pick up the camper.
Preparing for loading.
IMG_2585-L.jpg

IMG_2586-L.jpg

IMG_2587-L.jpg

The camper was secured with bolts through the floor of the camper and through the bed floor. We literally, got everything secured and hit the road home.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
We made a quick stop and as you can tell, the camper sagged the rear suspension a bit more than I like.
IMG_2594-L.jpg

We made it to Western Iowa, found some NF land and found a camp spot.
IMG_2596-L.jpg

The next day, we made it to Eastern Colorado. Not too many choices other than corn fields and pasture land to choose from for camping, so we found a reservoir campground.
IMG_2603-L.jpg

We were taking a little longer to get home, so we decided to go through the Rocky Mountain National Park.
IMG_2611-L.jpg

Of course, I had to take the Fall River Road to the top.
IMG_2612-L.jpg

IMG_2613-L.jpg

IMG_2617-L.jpg

IMG_2615-L.jpg

We continued through the park and found a spot in the National Forest outside Kremmling, Colorado at 10300'. I didn't get a picture of the campsite, but we were up and on the road before first light and had breakfast in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Next thing you know, we were driving and driving, and driving. We made it home, 981 miles later.
IMG_2621-L.jpg

Jack

TNSG

Whew! The last few weeks have been hectic to say the least. We drove to Iowa to pick up the camper, which involved some very long driving days. We made it there in 2.5 days, 1700ish miles one way. Didn't really do much sight seeing as you can imagine. We made it to Bundutec on Tuesday, September 4th. Rory was putting the final touches on everything trying to get the camper wrapped up. Sorry for the bad lighting, serious contrast between inside and the open door.
IMG_2580-L.jpg

IMG_2582-L.jpg

IMG_2583-L.jpg

We returned on Wednesday to officially pick up the camper.
Preparing for loading.
IMG_2585-L.jpg

IMG_2586-L.jpg

IMG_2587-L.jpg

The camper was secured with bolts through the floor of the camper and through the bed floor. We literally, got everything secured and hit the road home.

Amazing! My wife has one question before I can move that way, does it have a potty? Her hang up, not mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Amazing! My wife has one question before I can move that way, does it have a potty? Her hang up, not mine!

Yes it does and a shower (both inside and out). We went with a Wrappon toilet instead of the normal cassette that BundutecUSA installs. Our choice.

Jack

TNSG

Yes it does and a shower (both inside and out). We went with a Wrappon toilet instead of the normal cassette that BundutecUSA installs. Our choice.

Jack

Sweet! We can shower at the same time! Separately! :)

locrwln

Expedition Leader
We were back for about a day and on the road (or air as it was) to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in Kuaui.
Once back, I got my tires, Cooper Discoverer AT3, XLT, 285/75R18's mounted on the factory Ford forged aluminum rims that I had powdercoated.
First, I had them sandblasted (sandblasted versus the factory finish).
IMG_2224-L.jpg

Powdercoated in a textured black finish.
IMG_2304-L.jpg

IMG_2705-L.jpg

IMG_2706-L.jpg

IMG_2707-L.jpg

I hope to get them mounted on the truck in the next couple of days.

I also got the rear springs taken care of. I was going to do them myself, but decided that I would rather let a shop deal with it.
IMG_2713-L.jpg

IMG_2714-L.jpg

Three extra leafs were added to each side.
IMG_2716-L.jpg

It looks like a lot of spring, but it rides really good. I was expecting it to be more harsh, but found that it rides much like it did empty. We have the camper loaded to include water and pretty much everything that is going in the camper and tool boxes, (in the bed).

I do have to wrap up some final items to finish personalizing the camper, but overall, we are very happy and exited to finally have the camper.

Jack

Seabass

Idiot
What a great setup! I'm so happy for you guys! It's been a treat to watch your progress till now. Very well thought out, and practical. I look forward to seeing about your many adventures to come. Congratulations!

RYOUNG

Observer
Jack,

The truck and camper are looking awesome. We are planning on looking into the Bundutec campers at Overland
East in a few months. If you don’t mind I have few questions. Is there a reason you didn’t use a Bundutec awning and
What gears are you running in the truck. I looked several times and I must be missing it.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
What a great setup! I'm so happy for you guys! It's been a treat to watch your progress till now. Very well thought out, and practical. I look forward to seeing about your many adventures to come. Congratulations!

Thank you for the compliments, I really appreciate it. I have really tried to make it as solid as possible for our use and future.

Jack

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Jack,

The truck and camper are looking awesome. We are planning on looking into the Bundutec campers at Overland
East in a few months. If you don’t mind I have few questions. Is there a reason you didn’t use a Bundutec awning and
What gears are you running in the truck. I looked several times and I must be missing it.

Thank you, we are pretty happy with how it turned out. I can't stop looking at it. :D No problem, we originally were going to go with a 270 awning, but I have found that between the awnings that I have had in the past and those that my friends have had; the more cumbersome an awning is to deploy, the less it gets used. This one is crank it out, secure the legs, and done.

I am running 4.56's. I knew that I was going to be running 35's and of course running fully loaded, so I geared it back to "stock" (245/75R16 - 3.73's from the factory). I'm a little over geared with the 34's, but I expect it will be perfect with the 35's. Still has no problem doing 80mph if you want...

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles