Jackery 1000 Power Generator Overview

Cabrito

I come in Peace
It sounds like the charger is doing what its supposed to. Its shutting itself off when overloaded.
This makes sense that it is protecting itself. I've tried two different chargers. It only receives around 70 watts. It should be well over 100 watts from the AC charger shouldn't it? Thankfully it charges fine via the Anderson port. I'll test it some more today.

krick3tt

Adventurer
When deciding to purchase a Jackery the intended use prompted the size I purchased. I got the 500 instead of the 1000 as the use was for operating my 12V electric blanket while camping. I already had an isolated second battery for the vehicle to operate in house items: HAM, vehicle lights and ARB fridge. Even operating the Jackery all night for the blanket only uses less than 15 to 20% of the power. The 1000 seemed like more than I needed and the purchase was cash available driven. I could always get a more powerful one if needed. It is easy to charge on the drive to the next spot or at home after a short stay somewhere.
I think these are a boon to camping and easy to use.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Despite my charging issues I'm gonna love this thing.

I put it on my Engel MT35 for three and a half days. One 12hr period we didn't close the lid properly and it was slightly cracked open due to snagging on my fridge cover.

Results were 84hrs running took it down to 48% charge. This of course is not real-world testing, but gives me a base to work off. It was inside my garage around 65 degrees so nice and cool.

jadmt

ignore button user
Despite my charging issues I'm gonna love this thing.

I put it on my Engel MT35 for three and a half days. One 12hr period we didn't close the lid properly and it was slightly cracked open due to snagging on my fridge cover.

Results were 84hrs running took it down to 48% charge. This of course is not real-world testing, but gives me a base to work off. It was inside my garage around 65 degrees so nice and cool.
I love mine. I have used mine a lot and even in 100F heat inside a closed vehicle i get well over 4 days and so far I have never drained it. I recently got one of their solar panels and that thing charges it up fast much faster than the specs would indicate. I know guys say you can build a better system for cheaper but I got mine for 1/2 price by calling and asking if they had blems. I did the same on the solar panel altho it was not 1/2 price it was discounted by a 25%. I love the ease of use and it is so light and easily packable.

jadmt

ignore button user
@jadmt

Did you call jackery direct or a particular store. I'd be interested in trying to check fur blem units as well. Thanks.
you have to call them direct I found that I actually did better texting than actually calling. I texted they told me to give them my email address and they requested a pay pal payment. lightening fast shipping as well.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Jackery saved my bacon last weekend. I'm so glad we have it

First real camping this season. New to me Engel MT40 fridge mistakenly set a little cool so I had slushy drinks. Because of this and with temps in the low-mid 80's so the fridge was working harder than usual and it drained my battery in 24hrs to where it wouldn't start my FJ. I had left my Cig Lighter cable for the fridge at home by mistake and thankfully I had the 110V AC cable in the pocket of my fridge cover so I ran the Engel off the Jackery using the 110V AC. My Fridge is hardwired to the FJ's starting battery.

We had already charged both our phones once, and the Jackery was down to 91%. (It started out at 98%) After running for 8hrs it was down to 68% and we were simultaneously charging our phones at one point. I also charged up my portable jump pack that I used to jump the FJ after killing the battery. I could have left it on the Jackery, but we just turned the fridge off when we went to bed like we do sometimes anyway.

In the end after running the fridge for 8hrs off AC, and charging our phones a few times plus the portable jump pack we were down to 58%.

This thing is worth bringing on every trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier