Observer
02 Avalanche 2500 4x4 8.1L the day I brought her home:

IMAG1130.jpg

IMAG1132.jpg

IMAG1133.jpg

IMAG1131.jpg

justcuz

Explorer
Good deal, do you have any pictures of your front mounted receiver installation? That is a nice addition for a lot of reasons (two showed on your photos).:)
I dig Avalanches, very versatile vehicle.

ckupq

Observer
Its your build and I shouldn't be tellin ya how to do things but watch out with that 3+1 lift. I seem to be going through ball joints like candy with mine. Soonish I'm putting the stock keys back in and giving them a few cranks past level. I'm running 285's in my Sierra for reference.

HostileJava

Observer
Its your build and I shouldn't be tellin ya how to do things but watch out with that 3+1 lift. I seem to be going through ball joints like candy with mine. Soonish I'm putting the stock keys back in and giving them a few cranks past level. I'm running 285's in my Sierra for reference.

I hear ya. I like the look and the extra height and it's not a daily driver, pretty much just a camping/towing/plowing vehicle at the moment. I'll keep an eye on them.

justcuz, I will get some pics for you when I get home. It bolts into the frame/factory tow hooks.

Last edited:

ckupq

Observer
I hear ya. I like the look and the extra height and it's not a daily driver, pretty much just a camping/towing/plowing vehicle at the moment. I'll keep an eye on them.

justcuz, I will get some pics for you when I get home. It bolts into the frame/factory tow hooks.

Yep. Pretty much how I tore up mine. I still like the stance though. They're cheap ($30ish) and easy to replace. FWIW I like the stance of mine too.

HostileJava

Observer
Good deal, do you have any pictures of your front mounted receiver installation? That is a nice addition for a lot of reasons (two showed on your photos).:)
I dig Avalanches, very versatile vehicle.

I really did try to get pics of this today since I had it parked in the back but it was near impossible to get my camera to focus on anything laying on the ground that close to the underside.

Took the running boards off. Wife is not happy, she needs help getting in, but I like the look better.

IMG_20150927_175310457.jpg

IMG_20150927_175257352.jpg

HostileJava

Observer
Nothing crazy, but I got my new bug and stone guard installed. You really have to look close, it blends in well with the front lines.

IMG_20151006_182640090.jpg

Also totally not off road related, but I'm pulling the cub scouts float in the upcoming Halloween parade so I picked up some cheap under body color/pattern changing LED's that are music reactive and also a knight rider style scanner for the front grill. Zipped tied everything in place for easy removal later.

IMG_20150927_192733615.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles