IWe already have a truck for our project

A_anu

https://www.instagram.com/descubiendourantia/?hl=e
Hi, after spending some time here collecting information, we have decided to take the step.
I have sold my camper that cost so much effort .. A wonderful 4x2 Fiat ducato that I enjoy for 10 years to remember ...
Now thanks to her, we have bought a good vehicle that will allow us to travel and live in it all over the planet! It is nothing more and nothing less than a concrete mixer truck!

I present to you our 2008 Mercedes-Benz Axor 1833 4x4, it has the OM926LA engine, now it has 280,000 km and according to the mechanic I took it to do an inspection, it has a promising future ...

It is a 7.201cm3 of 6 cylinders, we have driven it by all French nationals from Paris, with an average of 25 liters. If under the foot it makes me 22 and if I step on it 27. (with the concrete mixer that weighs its own ..)
I have not measured it yet, but I think it has 3.60 meters of wheelbase. I think he will give me to make a box of just under 5 meters.
Anyway I'm not going to modify it, because I've seen how agile a short chassis is in the middle of a big city.

In short, we now have a minimum year of hard work and fun! I want to modify some elements; the rims, put wheels, repair leaf springs, put tire, chassis and paint, adapt snorkel, winch, custom box and a long etc ...
Here I leave a video of how this engine sounds, in the cabin the driving is more similar to that of a car,
and so the engine sounds from the outside;

MEDIA=youtube]m8xKXzAMHPY[/MEDIA]
I want to thank everyone for your advice, I will update the project from time to time. And most importantly, someday we'll see each other on the road!
Best Regards Toni

A_anu

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-225443_crop_576x576.jpg
    Screenshot_20180624-225443_crop_576x576.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 99

pairospam

Observer
Hey!

You´ve got a very nice toy to play with. Your timeframe is very sportive, as someone told me once upon a time, but I hope you will have enough resources, time and joy making it to endure and accomplish the tasks within time and happyness.

Following you with much interest. Let the pictures and story come.

Pairoa

Sitec

Adventurer
Brilliant!! A very nice base to start with. 'Big' axles front and back too!! It'll make for a nice overlander when done! :) Cheers from Australia!

A_anu

Hey!

You´ve got a very nice toy to play with. Your timeframe is very sportive, as someone told me once upon a time, but I hope you will have enough resources, time and joy making it to endure and accomplish the tasks within time and happyness.

Following you with much interest. Let the pictures and story come.

Pairoa

Thank you Pairoa, It is not easy, it will be a project of more than a year! nobody says it's easy .. that's life after all ... and yes, I'm going to change everything to travel and live the rest of our time in this reality.

A_anu

Brilliant!! A very nice base to start with. 'Big' axles front and back too!! It'll make for a nice overlander when done! :) Cheers from Australia!

Thanks Sitec, Australia is one of the most distant places and that attracts us the most to visit in the first place, making the silk route. We will leave from Spain, I think about 2019!

best regards

Neil

Observer
Hi and welcome

Good luck with the project and keep the pictures coming

Very friendly bunch on here so don't be afraid to ask

Neil

A_anu

Hi and welcome

Good luck with the project and keep the pictures coming

Very friendly bunch on here so don't be afraid to ask

Neil

Thanks Neil, because I currently have some doubts with the air conditioning and heating. To cool the room I will put an inverter window air conditioner, moved by a 3kv gasoline generator. I do not like the solution of carrying the device on the roof. And for the heating I will put a binar autoterm (hydronic) with two radiators. We want to visit the whole planet to feel places, no matter how hot it is or how cold it is. What do you think is the best technical solution to not have heat or cold?

I do not want to carry anything on the outside, the spare wheel will go into the garage, powered by a chain hoist and an extendable swivel arm.

similar to the image, but the wheel will go to bed. Then it makes a sewage system with a single deposit, (located in the bathroom raising the floor) plus a sanitary nautico with crusher.

By the way, what are the best courtesy lights? led or fiber?

Greetings Toni :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180620_020012.jpg
    IMG_20180620_020012.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Ersatzradlift-800x600.jpg
    Ersatzradlift-800x600.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 40_Rockwilder-Tuereinstieg-256x171.jpg
    40_Rockwilder-Tuereinstieg-256x171.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 44
  • Expeditionsmobil_MB AXOR 1829 A.gif
    Expeditionsmobil_MB AXOR 1829 A.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 40_Rockwilder-Tuereinstieg-256x171.jpg
    40_Rockwilder-Tuereinstieg-256x171.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 44
  • Ersatzradlift-800x600.jpg
    Ersatzradlift-800x600.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20180620_020012.jpg
    IMG_20180620_020012.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20180430-000802.png
    Screenshot_20180430-000802.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • neue Treppe-147x92.jpg
    neue Treppe-147x92.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20180429_232833.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11

Neil

Observer
HI

We don't have air con in the living area. The energy needed to run it is beyond our capability, And we would rather not rely on a big generator. It would be impossible to power such a device without mains electric for any length of time.

We have however discovered that out our diesel heater struggles at over 4500 meters . It is unlikely that your generator will run at those altitudes and the temperatures get down to minus 25. Try and have alternatives and redundant systems.

What weight and dimensions are you looking to achieve. I personally would aim for near to 8 meters long and try to keep to 3.5 meters high. Its not easy but lots of places don't like bigger trucks

Good luck

Neil

A_anu

Hi, I really want to have a plan B. The gasoline generator will only be on exporadical days to connect the air conditioning. Many users speak very well of the Russian planar (air) and binar (hydronic) heaters precisely because of their effectiveness at very low temperatures or high altitude, what heating do you carry in your truck? The idea is not to exceed 10 kg maximum, and long I guess it will be 7.5 meters, the height approximately 3.60 will be once you make all the modifications, greetings

Jostt

Adventurer
Welcome Antonio, Nice to ser you here, good luck whit your project, Im curius to see the evolution in person

A_anu

for now there is no progress, cleaning, placing an armrest, little more. It will take me a long time to put the box, I have to go step by step. But we live close, you are invited :) Regards

nathane

Awesome starting point, this looks like fun!

I'm at a similar stage so it will be great seeing your work.

Straight away I'm interested in the steps you show (neue treppe photo) could you let us know where you saw them?

All the best and good luck

Nathan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles