Iveco Eurocargo ML150E24 4x4 RV Expedition Truck, new custom build!

zelseman

Observer
Looking forward to this one! Great choice for a build.
What did you find was lacking from your Fuso that the Iveco will provide?

Looking forward to this one! Great choice for a build.
What did you find was lacking from your Fuso that the Iveco will provide?
Thanks for the interest man.

What was lacking in short is tonnage!

To cater for a family of 4 on a global expedition I would like to carry at least 700L (185 U.S. gallons) of fresh water, some adventure equipment like kayaks & mtb's plus add a few luxuries for example a washer/dryer for the missus! Basically things we have run out of space and tonnage for on the 6 ton Fuso.

Jim Beam

Indeed......tonnage ! Thats whats its all about when it comes down to it.

FF, what do you have in mind for the camper back build out? Composite panels ? If so will you import the panels ?

I have just completed yet another "fresh" look at all this....was contemplating sending my LC79 to aussie to get an drivetrain upgrade etc etc (could get it up to 3T payload thru this program). By time I cost it all out it's better to just buy the Isuzu. It was a public holiday here yesterday so I spent the day reading Trucky McTruckface.....ended up going down that rabbit hole all day trying to figure if one of those American trucks makes sense. By the end of the night i realised that for the money and the tonnage I could just as easily go Iveco like you have......decisions decisions. In the end it's hard not to go composite panels in order to have as much wieght available for all the must haves and like to haves rather than blowing most of your carry weight on the back itself..

Thoughts?

What sort of waiting time on the Iveco in South ?

Arjan

Fossil Overlander
How hard is importing one of these in the US ?

Iveco is in France, where I live, and Italy very, very popular and quite a few are converted to Overland Camper..

Darwin

Explorer
Can't import new ones into the USA.

How do you plan to handle high sulfur diesel in parts of the world like Africa and Central America? Does this truck use DEF (diesel exhaust fluid)?

billiebob

How do you plan to handle high sulfur diesel in parts of the world like Africa and Central America? Does this truck use DEF (diesel exhaust fluid)?
I think he is building it in Africa so...

Hey Darwin, the South African model still comes with Euro 3 engine so no AdBlue (DEF). This is a good thing in my mind for global travel (except for the environment of course LOL). Only slight down side is that SA trucks are RHD.

I am installing my camper access door on the right hand side to be on the curb side for the greater part of the world where you drive on the RHD side of the road.

I think he is building it in Africa so...

Yes building in South Africa, SA model RHD truck still comes with Euro 3 spec engine.

We only just received the facelift model in SA, I think that has a Euro 4 spec engine but still no DEF. For SA they are avoiding the AdBlue models because of the high sulpher diesel in Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles