Iveco Daily 4x4 Motorhomes from Germany

dinoevo

Adventurer
The flex you see in minute 3:00 of these Iveco Daily 4x4 campers are pretty impressive. I know you can't get them in North America, but is there a comparable new chassis with a fuel efficient Diesel engine, solid axles, 4x4 and compact cab over design?

DCGibbs

Observer
The flex you see in minute 3:00 of these Iveco Daily 4x4 campers are pretty impressive. I know you can't get them in North America, but is there a comparable new chassis with a fuel efficient Diesel engine, solid axles, 4x4 and compact cab over design?

Nope... a 25 year old Uni-mog is the closet thing to it.
DG

Ultimark

Well they sort of did.

The older 1995 unit was a converted 2WD with independent front suspension. The model that the question is being asked of, is the now superseded unit with solid axles front and rear, along with parabolic leaf springs front and rear.

This model had a couple of shortcomings, with the transfer case being the main big bugbear. I personally know of the problems as my best friend bought one and his transfer case dropped it's lunch just before his 3 year warranty ran out. Iveco Australia repaired it free of charge.

The new 2020 model, which has gone back to independent front suspension, also it has a transfer case from a bigger brother, so the transfer case problem should be fixed.
This preview of the new Iveco for 2020 may be of interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94