I've been busy

oly884

getting my truck ready for some REAL camping with the FWC!

I got an Engel 45, and 3 more 50 cal. ammo cases (5 total now. and my back is solid, and full of all the gear I need:

NEW-back.jpg

NEW-back-2.jpg

I also have airbags now:

DSC_9876.jpg

And KC, you might be interested in this because my airbag setup is identical to yours:

DSC_9875.jpg

It crosslinks the airbags, so, when wheeling, the air transfers from one to the other and makes you have A LOT more articulation.

not the best shot, but it articulates just as much as it did without the air bags. Before I got this nifty little thing, it would stop articulating about 3" from the bumpstops, now it goes all the way to them.
DSC_9877.jpg

DSC_9880.jpg

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
oly884 said:
And KC, you might be interested in this because my airbag setup is identical to yours:

DSC_9875.jpg

It crosslinks the airbags, so, when wheeling, the air transfers from one to the other and makes you have A LOT more articulation.

:victory: Nice set up! So on the air bags you only need the "cross link" when offroad?

oly884

flyingwil said:
:victory: Nice set up! So on the air bags you only need the "cross link" when offroad?

Yup, when that thing is off, the air bags keep the air in them and act somewhat like a sway bar.

Scott Brady

Founder
Very nice.

I am really interested in the airbag set-up. What are your impressions of the quality and fitment. How do they handle the flex?

oly884

expeditionswest said:
Very nice.

I am really interested in the airbag set-up. What are your impressions of the quality and fitment. How do they handle the flex?

The quality is top notch, as is the installation. It took me 2 hours, and that was taking my sweet time.

With the crosslink, they flex as much as stock, without the crosslink, it's hindered quite a bit. I've only had them on for about 2 weeks now and have yet to hit the trails with them, so, I can't say how they handle continued flex, but I'd imagine that they will stand up just fine.

kevin

Observer
I guess that the air bags are designed for stock ride height? Do they have a provision for installing on lifted vehicles? Or is there enough play in the bags to allow for small lifts?

7wt

Expedition Leader
More airbag questions, when they are not inflated do you get the stock ride? I am really interested in this set up. I am wondering if I can put the extra soft Deaver 7 leafs on my truck for general unweighted offroading and daily driving with out air in the bags then add air to keep the springs from sagging when I am loaded?

oly884

expeditionswest said:
One more question :)

Who is the manufacture of the bags and the model number you used?

Thanks so much :friday:

Airlift is who makes it, and here is the link: http://store.summitracing.com/partd...907680+4294907573+4294907043+115&autoview=sku

asteffes said:
Does the rubber bag act as a damper? Does the ride get bouncy with the airbags inflated?

Not that I noticed, the shocks I have seem to tame any bouncy feeling.

kevin said:
I guess that the air bags are designed for stock ride height? Do they have a provision for installing on lifted vehicles? Or is there enough play in the bags to allow for small lifts?

Yes, it is designed for stock height, so I'm not sure what would need to be done to work for lifted vehicles.

When the time comes for me to lift my truck, I'm just going to contact Deaver and give them the specs that I need and ditch the airbags, but that's looking like it will be far away as of right now.

oly884

7wt said:
More airbag questions, when they are not inflated do you get the stock ride? I am really interested in this set up. I am wondering if I can put the extra soft Deaver 7 leafs on my truck for general unweighted offroading and daily driving with out air in the bags then add air to keep the springs from sagging when I am loaded?

The minimum air you can have in them is 10 PSI and it gives it a stock ride. I would really suggest them if you need the support only part of the time.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
cross link

That is freakin cool! You'll have to update us after a trail run.

I've been pondering air bags since my load fluctuates so much...

I was always skeptical because I thought it hindered suspension flex. I look forward to more reviews :p

oly884

Mlachica said:
That is freakin cool! You'll have to update us after a trail run.

I've been pondering air bags since my load fluctuates so much...

I was always skeptical because I thought it hindered suspension flex. I look forward to more reviews :p

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated when I go on some more trail runs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles