ITTOG's Overlanding Trips

ITTOG

I found something you need for those trail ditches:)

View attachment 803860
That is cool. I wonder how long it would take me to fill a 6' deep by 30' long trench with that. All I know is there better be a lot of beer, which would make the time to complete the job grow exponentially.

Now the geek in me wants to know how it operates the hydraulics? I guess it could be an electric pump? I don't think there would me room for a mechanical pump on a Honda Foreman.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Ask and recieve,

They had some that were in trial for infantry teams for a bit. I don’t think they made the cut. * But could be wrong.
With an independent gas Hydraulic motor.

ITTOG

Ask and recieve,

They had some that were in trial for infantry teams for a bit. I don’t think they made the cut. * But could be wrong.
With an independent gas Hydraulic motor.
I was trying to figure out how to do it with the ATV's motor. They cheated (which is probably the only way it would work) and just added a motor. With that longer frame and the wieght lowering the ATV It wouldn't even make it to the trail for repair.

Mules

I love backhoes for cutting trails, although I'm skeptical about the atv version. I bought this backhoe for my tractor for about $3,000 and have cut 3-4 miles of trails on some steep terrain. I'm as happy as a kid playing with this Tonka toy when I'm on it.

IMG_9251.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

Last edited:

ITTOG

I love backhoes for cutting trails, although I'm skeptical about the atv version. I bought this backhoe for my tractor for about $3,000 and have cut 3-4 miles of trails on some steep terrain. I'm as happy as a kid playing with his Tonka toy when I'm on it.

View attachment 803923

View attachment 803934
Somehow I missed your post. That is awesome. I would love to have one but it would have to be quite a bit bigger. We have paid a local property owner a couple of times to get some really bad areas. His bucket is probably 5' high.

Anyone own, or have owned, the Mission Mountain S4 Camping Table? If yes, what do you think of it? It doesn't look like it would be stable to me. The legs look very suspect to me.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

ITTOG

I see I am behind on some of my trips, partly due to it not being overlanding related. But I thought I could post a more selective group of photo's.

Last year I spent a week at BYU because OU was playing at BYU. Sounded like a good time to watch a game and visit friends.

The game was a lot closer than it should have been.
1711388666947.png

1711388591894.png

The only fire we saw that day, at least for OU fans, wasn't until the very end of the game.
1711388870226.png

1711388943377.png

1711388967889.png

With the pick 6 OU win's a close one, 31 - 24.

I did do a little bit of hiking. I wanted to climb Mount Timpanogos but it got a couple feet of snow just before I arrived and the road to the trail head, along with the trail, was closed. So, Bridal Veil Falls it was.
1711389166692.png

The falls is a pretty short hike so we did other activities like driving and walking...
1711389255795.png

1711389287408.png

1711389324080.png

1711389381000.png

Last edited:

ITTOG

The road active suspension I have, heavy duty mind you, is not helping.
7ea2b32aa0ed91f895b05195a6a3bae4.jpg

dstefan

The road active suspension I have, heavy duty mind you, is not helping.
7ea2b32aa0ed91f895b05195a6a3bae4.jpg

Talk to Deaver or Alcan and get good progressive HD spring set for the actual weight you’ll be living with. If the trailer is occasional Air bags are OK, but you really want the right springs.

Great camper build!

ITTOG

The wrap looks good! Maybe add a leaf, or airbags?
Thanks. I am looking at airbags.

What's the loaded weight of the camper and trailer? Payload on the truck? 2nd @Pacific Northwest yetti with airbags.
The camper is about 800, loaded and with the trailer it is probably around 1,200 pounds.

Talk to Deaver or Alcan and get good progressive HD spring set for the actual weight you’ll be living with. If the trailer is occasional Air bags are OK, but you really want the right springs.

Great camper build!
The trailer and the camper are occasional so I am getting airbags.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier