Its our turn for the Pan-Am

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
Another idea to toss at you. Something I've considered doing myself. Fly into somewhere, say Colombia. Stay at a hostel for a week or two and find a local rig to buy and invite someone at the hostel to tag along. Head as far until the other person goes a different direction then find someone new. That will mix things up and avoid the hassle of shipping a vehicle.

Also, I've got an open seat as soon as I get my truck back on the road. :sombrero:
That does sound like a great idea for your situation...definitely avoids the hassles of shipping.

If you keep an eye out on Drive The Americas , there's frequently rigs for sale in South America. This is where people will sell their rig after finishing the Pan Am so they may be able to tell you what works or doesn't work well. Just a thought.

LateNate

Adventurer
Nate,

Since you're back in the central region, I figure I'd let you know that the co-pilot seat in my truck is open if you feel like getting out. I'll be leading a trip from Hot Springs, AR to Clayton, OK next weekend. Three days, two nights.

Info here. No charge if you ride with me, of course.

It's the least I can do considering all the good reading you've provided. Holler if you're interested. I'd look forward to meeting you, plus you can share your journey with our group.

Wes

Wow, thats awesome. I will look into that a bit more. Is there a deadline you need to know by? I assume the sooner the better.

Wow, thats awesome. I will look into that a bit more. Is there a deadline you need to know by? I assume the sooner the better.

Yeah, that would be nice. Ultimately, though, if you don't come, the seat will likely remain empty. No biggie either way.

(If you do make it, I'm kinda hoping you might find some time to film! Just got myself a new HD camcorder, and I'd dig it if you could be the triggerman for the trip! :sombrero: )

Holler whenever, bud.

wc

GaryMc

Explorer
Just saw this thread.... We saw y'all, or at least your rig, when we were staying in Wiseman, AK last fall. Small world.

Nice setup, BTW.

LateNate

Adventurer
Hey guys.

Wow, that was 10 years ago.

We are friends again. Just a whole other life happening now.

But still doing the thing.

Truck is for sale btw. I have my eye on another Tacoma.

3042FC90-942B-4E9B-BE64-F0C34E7FC8CD.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles