Its called the world's most treacherous road

loren85022

Explorer
Not much wiggle room, but for my money nothing ups the pucker factor more than hairpin turns pointing downwards when you're praying that brake pedal doesnt give a hair.

overl4nder

Observer
Thanks guys.
Its in India (Spiti region).
I am putting together the video with many such stretches with rockfall, waterfall on the road.
We even got stuck for 24 hours due to landslides blocking the road, and torrential rainfall.

This is just a snippet. :)

grogie

Like to Camp
I can't imagine having any traffic on that, and having to back up. Yikes.

Thanks for taking us along. :)

overl4nder

Observer
while coming back, there is a video section where I have to back up as another car comes. Making the long video of the entire section. Its the same road they took the ice road truckers on.

On one section, a rockfall blocked the road. A tiny hatchback could go through. As for us, one wheel was almost falling down the cliff, and the right floorboard was simply scraping the massive rocks, as more were falling.

One of the scariest rides!

4x4junkie

Explorer
For most of that I sat here thinking "This doesn't seem too real bad..." (resembles some of the old mining shelf roads here in the California desert... though no ticking ice bombs). At 2:48 I thought, "Ok this spot's a bit puckering"... but then 3:06 my level of alertness shot waaaaaaayyyy up seeing those literally sheer cliffsides and narrowness of the road there lol.

I think it's safe to say getting caught in an earthquake while on that road might suck. :Wow1:

×2, thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles