it shall start...

SeaRubi

Explorer
looking good - surely that's going to be a great vehicle once your build plan is realized. :smiley_drive:

WFTW

Adventurer
Glad to see it coming together for you.

Hope you don't lift it too high because those rock rails don't give you anything to step on. I was going to get similar ones, but went with the TeraFlex rails since it has a little step (it's 3 1/2 feet for me to step up into the Jeep, so the step helps shave off about 3 of those inches).

Was your JK the X or Sahara? Did you put air lockers in the front and rear? Good choice on those.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
An ASFIR aluminum skid plate - cool!

I've heard that they make solid products but getting them in North America is a challenge, if not impossible.. What are your thoughts on them?

Pete

XXXpedition

Explorer
Was your JK the X or Sahara? Did you put air lockers in the front and rear? Good choice on those.
it's the JK sport diesel. if you looked at my page :Astrologist: :) you can see that it has d30 front and a d44 rear both with 4.10s (both locked).it also has a 22% torque chip increase...
An ASFIR aluminum skid plate - cool!
.. What are your thoughts on them?
i did a little report on them (installs project xxx on my site) and i like them but they are hanging WAY too low - you loose about 2" (see pic below) i have to modify them...
IMG_2376.JPG

Last edited:

XXXpedition

Explorer
well, it's been a while.....

the suspension is now here with all components, but i cannot build it in anymore... just no time before morocco.
but i was busy anyhow:

i did install the rear bumper and built a custom roof rack with a friend!!!
all on my site under project xxx/installs

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

sven

Last edited:

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
That's one of the cleanest, closest, roof racks I've seen for a Wrangler. The same idea would work on the shorter body, too. If I replace my TJ with a JK I'll be asking for a shipping quote to 01851. :)

Cheers,
Graham

XXXpedition

Explorer
fuel milage

ok, some updates from the morocco trip.

the question about fuel milage has come up many times...
on the entire trip i had everything from 18-25 mpg.
18 on a track with lots of deep sand and mud
25 on the highways, doing about 55mph
about 18-20 doing 80-90 mph on the freeway (spain, france)

once my computer even told me 35 mpg!!!!!
i was going a constant 40mph for an quite some miles through villages (one after the next) ALTHOUGH i hesitate to believe this computer reading!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier