It may be small

NMRubicon

Observer
But the first mod to the new Jeep is finished, took 10 minutes. I hate the factory antenna.

Attachments

• Antenna Mod.jpg
    Antenna Mod.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 53

NMRubicon

Observer
On my budget, it's the only way! As it sits, it is capable of 95% of the wheeling and exploring I like to do. One of my goals as I add stuff on, is to avoid tanking my gas mileage, right now I get near 20mpg in combined driving with the 3.73 gears, means I can go further per $$. I like capable and functional, too old to worry about the cool or bad ***** factor.

Yuccahead

Adventurer
I have one of those and have never put it on. I've wondered if it would hurt my reception especially when the station is broadcasting from the opposite side of the Jeep. Any noticeable difference in your reception?

NMRubicon

Observer
I have never noticed any real difference, but I will admit I listen to satellite 90% of the time. On the FM stations I listen to, I don't hear any degradation.

libarata

Expedition Leader
I am not sure about your area, but check for non-ethanol fuel. That should increase your MPGs if you refrain from mashing the pedals.

NMRubicon

Observer
I wish I could find non-ethanol fuel, but around here it all runs at around 10%, definite improvement with real gas.

Morticon

Adventurer
On my budget, it's the only way! As it sits, it is capable of 95% of the wheeling and exploring I like to do. One of my goals as I add stuff on, is to avoid tanking my gas mileage, right now I get near 20mpg in combined driving with the 3.73 gears, means I can go further per $$. I like capable and functional, too old to worry about the cool or bad ***** factor.

Shouldnt the Rubi have 4.10's?

NMRubicon

Observer
Thanks!! With the 3.6,the Rubicon may be had with 3.73s or 4.1s. I am not missing the 4.1s with the 3.6, I don't really rock crawl, so the give in the final drive ratio in low range is not a big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz