It happened !!!! My neighbor

Happykamper

Explorer
Well the stars were definatly lined up today !!! What seemed to be just a running joke with a neighbor up the road a piece finally turned into reality !!! For years I have been ribbing Ted a neighbor who has a small ranch up the road a couple miles from my ranch in Oregon about a couple of his rigs. He is a true Toyota guy!! Has 3 land cruisers a Hilux,Tundra, 4Runner and of all things a RAV4 all bought brand new !!! He maintains these rigs on time every time!! Preventive maintenance is his big thing!! With all these vehicles he puts very low miles on them. When he buys a truck he falls in love . Every time he goes to buy a new one the dealership hounds him to trade one in. I fell in love with his 97 land cruiser as well as his 2004 . Every time I see him for the past 14 years I would ask him to sell me the 97 then the 2004 !! I would get the same chuckle, then the " it will be a cold day in hell before I get rid of those two " !!!
Well this morning was a bit nippy but when Ted called me and asked if I still wanted those two cruisers I suddenly got a chill down my spine . I really did not know what to say !!! For the first time in a long time I was speechless !!
I started laughing knowing it was just a bad joke !!! But when I said yes and you might as well throw in the 40 also , Ted said " now hold on there , let's not get ahead of our selfs " !! And continued " I decided to take you up on your offer to buy them if you still want em ". I could not believe it !!! The first thing I thought was something was wrong ... So I asked .
He laughed and just said, " I'm not using them much and me and the wife are going to sell the place and do some downsizing .
We talked for a bit then got back to the two cruisers ! He told me he wanted them to go to a good home ... But he would sell them to me anyway lol. I asked what he wanted for them, not that it would have made a difference anyway, as I was going to buy them both no matter what !! The 97 has 63,598 on it with every option you could have that year . And the 2004 has 39,541 miles and equipped with all the bells and whistles also. They are both stock and both white. Each has there own log books and receipts for everything ever done to them ! They lived there life in a red iron building he had on the property equipped with both heating nod a/c.
There both flawless !!!
When he told me what he wanted for each I just about fell on the floor !! He said " I want $100 each and a promise you will keep up the log books and keep them in your barn at night " . I did make the promise on the logs and the barn but I just could not do the $100.00.
We yacked at each other for a good hour when I got him to take more for them , not near what they are worth but I felt a bit better about them .
We both bank at OCCU so I just transferred the funds to his account and he drove the rigs over to my place and met a gentleman who looks over the place for me and put them both in the barn !! The barn was redesigned about 10 years ago to be my shop and toy holder not to mention my bar and theater !
I can't wait to get up there to see them !!!
Ted at one point asked if I was planning on modifying them like my other rigs ? I was truthful and said ABSOLUTELY!!!!
He just laughed and said " I figured "!! He likes the looks of my Rigs... Well mostly !! He just can't understand why anyone would want anything other then a Toyota !!!
He did ask me if I would be interested in his 2002 Tundra TRD access cab ? I said you bet !!! It's also white and has a whopping 32k on her ! He said well we can probably do that too next week. He just had to get used to the LC's being gone !!
Yep it was a great day for sure !!!

I had to share this with someone and I figured here is where someone could appreciate it!!

Good night all

P.S. I did a quick proof red and edited what I could find in misspelling and other things ! I know there are more ! It's so if ZIMM reads this there will be less for him to correct me on :).

Last edited:
Well the stars were definatly lined up today !!! What seemed to be just a running joke with a neighbor up the road a piece finally turned into reality !!! For years I have been ribbing Ted a neighbor who has a small ranch up the road a couple miles from my ranch in Oregon about a couple of his rigs. He is a true Toyota guy!! Has 3 land cruisers a Hilux,Tundra, 4Runner and of all things a RAV4 all bought brand new !!! He maintains these rigs on time every time!! Preventive maintenance is his big thing!! With all these vehicles he puts very low miles on them. When he buys a truck he falls in love . Every time he goes to buy a new one the dealership hounds him to trade one in. I fell in love with his 97 land cruiser as well as his 2004 . Every time I see him for the past 14 years I would ask him to sell me the 97 then the 2004 !! I would get the same chuckle, then the " it will be a cold day in hell before I get rid of those two " !!!
Well this morning was a bit nippy but when Ted called me and asked if I still wanted those two cruisers I suddenly got a chill down my spine . I really did not know what to say !!! For the first time in a long time I was speechless !!
I started laughing knowing it was just a bad joke !!! But when I said yes and you might as well throw in the 40 also , Ted said " now hold on there , let's not get ahead of our selfs " !! And continued " I decided to take you up on your offer to buy them if you still want em ". I could not believe it !!! The first thing I thought was something was wrong ... So I asked .
He laughed and just said, " I'm not using them much and me and the wife are going to sell the place and do some downsizing .
We talked for a bit then got back to the two cruisers ! He told me he wanted them to go to a good home ... But he would sell them to me anyway lol. I asked what he wanted for them, not that it would have made a difference anyway, as I was going to buy them both no matter what !! The 97 has 63,598 on it with every option you could have that year . And the 2004 has 39,541 miles and equipped with all the bells and whistles also. They are both stock and both white. Each has there own log books and receipts for everything ever done to them ! They lived there life in a red iron building he had on the property equipped with both heating nod a/c.
There both flawless !!!
When he told me what he wanted for each I just about fell on the floor !! He said " I want $100 each and a promise you will keep up the log books and keep them in your barn at night " . I did make the promise on the logs and the barn but I just could not do the $100.00.
We yacked at each other for a good hour when I got him to take more for them , not near what they are worth but I felt a bit better about them .
We both bank at OCCU so I just transferred the funds to his account and he drove the rigs over to my place and met a gentleman who looks over the place for me and put them both in the barn !! The barn was redesigned about 10 years ago to be my shop and toy holder not to mention my bar and theater !
I can't wait to get up there to see them !!!
Ted at one point asked if I was planning on modifying them like my other rigs ? I was truthful and said ABSOLUTELY!!!!
He just laughed and said " I figured "!! He likes the looks of my Rigs... Well mostly !! He just can't understand why anyone would want anything other then a Toyota !!!
He did ask me if I would be interested in his 2002 Tundra TRD access cab ? I said you bet !!! It's also white and has a whopping 32k on her ! He said well we can probably do that too next week. He just had to get used to the LC's being gone !!
Yep it was a great day for sure !!!

I had to share this with someone and I figured here is where someone could appreciate it!!

Good night all

P.S. I did a quick proof red and edited what I could find in misspelling and other things ! I know there are more ! It's so if ZIMM reads this there will be less for him to correct me on :).

Great story! Pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SGNellett

Adventurer
For some reason, when I started reading this, I thought it was going to be a penthouse forums type of thing.... "It finally happened, my neighbor..." :jump:

Happykamper

Explorer
Double :) lol At this point they are worth a bit more to me then the avg cruiser !!! I can't wait till I can go back north and spend some time with my newest barn friends !!! Heck I will probably invite Ted over to toast there new home ! Scotch for me and a soda for Ted !!! The only flaw I can see in my friend !!! SODA !!!! Stupid :)

Happykamper

Explorer
I can hardly stand it !! I have not even thought about where to start on these! I just want to get north so I can sit in them for a couple of days ! Don't worry I'll take time out to shower :).... Gotta keep them looking good .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior