Isuzu NPR 4x4 Beast! - Rebelzilla by Rebel Off Road

REBEL OFF ROAD

Supporting Sponsor
Expedition Portal-

It's always a great time checking out the incredible vehicle builds that make this site what it is. The ingenuity and inventiveness in some of the designs is what keeps me coming back.

We've got a really fun project we've been working on here at Rebel Off Road, and I feel it'll be right up some of your alleys. It will be the new daily driver for the Rebel Leader.

We'll start with some pics, and I'll follow up next week with a little write up.

-Boots

27687606140_206b732d0a_c.jpg

27354429164_271e12d102_c.jpg

27865491642_159bdc4ca8_c.jpg

27687604690_88ddc7b35f_c.jpg

27354430934_1517693999_c.jpg

Last edited:

4x4coaster

Adventurer
Awesome, love the 3-link. What axles and tcase you using?

I recognize the front end, late model F250/350 with the 8 on 170 PCD and coil spring setup OEM. Rear is probably same model but highly customised.
They were 3.73 or 4.11 so I hope they are using the 4.11 set.
Those front ends could be problematic with deathwobble but with their customisation it should behave itself.

Looks like it is going to be an awesome beast!

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Interesting...any powerplant mods? You have plans to hit any shows? What's the final plan for it?

ETA: just visited the site...looking pretty Dakar'ish!

dlh62c

Explorer
AWESOME!

I wish I had the time, the money, the facility, the tools and the skill set to build something like that.

REBEL OFF ROAD

Supporting Sponsor
2015 Isuzu NPR-HD Crew Cab V8

Thanks for all the comments guys, hopefully this list of specs will answer your questions.

2015 Isuzu NPR-HD Crew Cab
Engine - Chevy Vortec 6.0L V8 - (will be receiving an Edelbrock Supercharger soon)
Transmission - 6l90E 6-Speed Auto w/ Double Overdrive
Transfer Case - NP205 w/Split Shifters. Divorced (not mounted to trans)

Stock Specs:
297 Horse Power
372 Ft Lbs of Torque
GVWR - 14,500lbs
GCWR - 20,500lbs

Front Axle - D60 F350 w/ARB Air Locker 5.38 Gears
Rear Axle - Ford Sterling 10.5" w/ARB Air Locker 5.38 Gears

Steering - All Custom w/ custom links and trackbar

Suspension - Custom Trailing Arms
Front - King 3.0" Coilovers w/Reservoir (10" Stroke)
- King 2.5" Triple Bypass w/Reservoir (10" Stroke)
- King 2.5" Hydraulic Bumpstops
Rear - King 3.0" Coilovers w/Reservoir (12" Stroke)
- King 2.5" Triple Bypass w/Reservoir (12" Stroke)
- King 2.5" Hydraulic Bumpstops​

Swaybar - Front and Rear Custom Trophy Truck Specification Swaybars

Driveshafts - Custom Front, Intermediate, and Rear Driveshafts (Intermediate - TCase to Trans)

Brakes - Rebel Restraint Double Drilled and Slotted Rotors (400 hr salt water tested)

Wheels - 17" KMC Beadlock Short Course Race Wheels (x6)

Tires - Toyo MT 40x13.5x17 (x6)

Interior:
Seats - Corbeau LG1s with seat heaters (5 Total - The rear center seat is removable and can be replaced with an ARB Fridge / Freezer)

Harnesses - Crow 3" Racing Harnesses

Stereo / Entertainment - All Alpine
- 9" Head Unit / Display
- Speakers all around with amp and sub
- 3x 10" Alpine Flip down TVs
- 6x TV Displays in the headliner above the windshield - these will be used for a multi camera system that will allow visual of the vehicles surroundings and suspension.​

Interior Roll Cage

Exterior Lighting
Exterior Light Cage & Riser Bar
All lighting to be LED - Updates to follow

Last edited:

herm

Adventurer
SUPER COOL suspension!

What transmission controller did you go with? I am putting a 5.3/6l80 combo in an 72 wagoneer and am contemplating different controllers.

DzlToy

Explorer
Absolutely effing riciculous...

Only thing I would change would be an Atlas 4 speed or Hero three speed instead of the divorced 205 (1.98:1 or 3:1 with JB Fab Conversion)

Can't wait to see it finished and running through the desert!

EDIT: no trans controller needed. That engine and trans are factory options from Isuzu and have been (or derivatives thereof) for many years.

REBEL OFF ROAD

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for the complements guys. We are having a great time with this rig, it just keeps getting better.

At Rebel Off Road we like to build the suspension so it does the work for us. In the photos below you can see a simple flex test. The photos illustrate the suspension taking the flex instead of the frame, which is a critical for a vehicle of this size. Another benefit to this suspension setup is the incredibly smooth ride on and off road.

IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_5659.JPG

Check out the external rack and light mount. She is setup for six KC HiLites LED PODs up front. More to follow.

IMG_5712.JPG

IMG_5714.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior