Isuzu D'max

jgallo1

Adventurer
In searching for a new truck, I have been thinking alot about the Dmax. In the recent years, I have seen alot of hilux's, troopy's, delica's, etc.. starting to surface here in the states.
I really never see the Dmax. I know from my time in other countries, how great these trucks are. I was wondering if I am not looking in the right place for them or they are just not getting imported into the states.
Does anybody have any info on them.
Thanks

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Perhaps it's just too new and hasn't been eligible under the various 15 to 25 years import exemptions. The oldest ones are 2002 according to Wikipedia.

BTW, I agree, Graham Cahill flogs the crap out of his and it just seems to take it.

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Perhaps it's just too new and hasn't been eligible under the various 15 to 25 years import exemptions. The oldest ones are 2002 according to Wikipedia.

BTW, I agree, Graham Cahill flogs the crap out of his and it just seems to take it.

I agree Graham beats on that little truck pretty good, and as far as I can tell, never broken anything. I think slightly bigger tires and maybe some skids are the only mods.
I wonder if it is an emissions issue. We seem to not get a lot of the cool little diesel trucks for that reason...and maybe some safety items.

Darrell

jgallo1

Adventurer
I have spent alot of time in the Dmax and Jimmy's in Central America and they will beat out any 3rd gen tacoma ha ha

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I have spent alot of time in the Dmax and Jimmy's in Central America and they will beat out any 3rd gen tacoma ha ha
I hear both the global Ranger and Colorado/D-Max compete well against the Hilux, so therefore reason would dictate that they would look especially good against the Tacoma. Yet both seem to have neutered versions when bringing them to North America.

Perhaps Isuzu could just sell their global truck here and trump them all? Sort of like what Toyota did in the 1950s and 1960s with the FJ25 and early FJ40. Small numbers of high quality trucks to gain (or regain in this case) market share. I'd consider one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94