Isuzu Aisin Locking Hubs Available at Junkyard, Sun Valley, CA

jlocster

Explorer
Just a heads up, I went to the junkyard this past Sunday (4-7-13) and noticed this Trooper...
IMG_20130407_145812.jpg

...had Aisin locking hubs on it!
IMG_20130407_145750.jpg

Regrettably, I didn't remove them myself to give to one of you Isuzu guys (I have a Montero myself). I sure should have.

Hope someone is able to get them, I'd hate to see them go to waste. Car has been in the yard since March, so I'm sure it's days are numbered.

Junkyard address is:
11201 Pendleton St
Sun Valley, CA 91352

FYI, Sun Valley is in the Los Angeles area, 10 minutes north of North Hollywood and Burbank in the the San Fernando Valley.

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
You could've made a few bucks selling those on Planet Isuzoo...they are great hubs, I have wheeled for years with Aisins and no problems.

jlocster

Explorer
Ok, so BigSwede's words convinced me to go back and pick up the Isuzu Aisin hubs lest they be crushed. So they are not there any more. Please don't make a trip out there to pick them up.

BTW, Fortune smiled upon me in the form of another '88 and I found a second set as well.
IMG_20130409_144004.jpg

Now, I could rebuild them and sell them on eBay for a healthy profit but I won't do that. I know someone here or on Planet Isuzoo can use them. Both sites have been very good to me and we, as adventurers and outdoors-folk, are a band of brothers/sisters that must look out for one another. Time to pay it forward.

So I have a proposal:

1) I'll rebuild the hubs at my cost and then sell each set to the highest bidder.

2) The highest bidders will agree to donate the purchase price and shipping cost to a charitable cause of some sort that we can all agree on (World Wildlife Fund, Environmental Defense Fund...please help me out with ideas on this).

3) The highest bidders will promise to use them, and not just resell them on eBay because, well, that would just be lame.

4) The highest bidders will promise to show us a pic with the hubs installed on their rigs (preferably an action shot somewhere in the backwoods after fording a stream), because we all want to see that.

5) Bidding will start at the cost I paid for the hubs themselves, replacement gaskets and o-rings, gas I used driving back to the junkyard (40ish mile RT), and paint.

6) I'll document the rebuild so other's can learn how to do it.

What do you guys think? I think its a win-win. Maybe someone can cross post this onto Planet Isuzoo (BigSwede, I'm looking at you).

Realistically, I should have the hubs finished in a month.
IMG_20130409_210157.jpg

I also need ideas on a bidding process.

Let's do this!

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Good score. You might be over-complicating this a bit but that's fine. When you get them done I can post over on the Planet if needed.

jlocster

Explorer
Complicated? What makes you say that? ;)

Thanks for offering to help BigSwede, I'll work on getting them finished up.

SRN

Adventurer
Why would you ever want to donate money to organizations that activly work to close land to responsible recreation?

Hatfield

Observer
I'll take them how they are if you don't want to fool with rebuilding them. Just got a new Trooper yesterday and it could use some.

jlocster

Explorer
SRN, just threw those out there off the top of my head to start the discussion...what would you suggest?

Hatfield, lemme see if others wanna play along first, if no one is game...and the response seems tepid so far...maybe we can work something out. BTW, really enjoyed your build thread on the Planet.

Last edited:

SRN

Adventurer
United 4-Wheel Drive Association, Blue Ribbon Coalition, California Association of 4WD Clubs. Hell, even donating it directly to Planet would be better that giving it to the Environmental Defense Fund which sees our hobby as something to be wiped off the Earth.

jlocster

Explorer
Well, its clear to me that SRN wants to donate to the Environmental Defense Fund, so that's one BIG vote for them. :peepwall:

Donating to the Planet sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe one set goes to support ExPo and one set goes to support Planet Isuzoo?

Whaddya say, SRN, do I have your approval on this?

Last edited:

SRN

Adventurer
Well, its clear to me that SRN wants to donate to the Environmental Defense Fund, so that's one BIG vote for them. :peepwall:

Donating to the Planet sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe one set goes to support ExPo and one set goes to support Planet Isuzoo?

Whaddya say, SRN, do I have your approval on this?

Sure, thats a solid idea. That said, I'm perfectly happy with my autolocking hubs. ;)

hpierce301

Adventurer
has the bidding started yet? or do we just state what we'd like to donate? I would like a set in exchange for a donation to Planet Isuzoo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94