Issues with my iKamper

hypernewbie

Was wondering if anyone has experienced issues in dealing with iKamper and warranty claims...

Purchased our 2.0 in June of '21 and about 10mo later the map on the inside of the top/lid began sagging - the adhesive that holds the map liner began to fail. I reached out them in June of this year and they acknowledged there were issues with some of the tops and the adhesive and that they would send me a new top when they become available.

They said it would be a few months given the supply issues - totally understand..

But I've been trying to follow up with them the last few weeks and it's been crickets... Tried calling the number on their site but you can't leave a message or get transferred.

Anyone else in the same boat?

The_Squid

That’s good.

We had issues with our locks. They were fine to deal with, although, we were going through the Canadian distributor on the west coast.

concretejungle

Adventurer
are they made in china? I was just wondering if it was a Chinese new year? I deal with a lot of real estate that is around the furniture industry, when they go on Chinese new year they are off line! You just have to wait.

ridendude

CJ, it's a South Korean company if that makes a difference. I got an IK mini this spring and recently got rid of it. I've had four other rooftop tents over the last 15 years and the mini was the worst by far. I found myself avoiding using it due to it's poor design/ pain in the ass setup and take down. My partner have some physical disabilities and the IK mini was just a miserable pain. Was glad to see it go.

alia176

Explorer
CJ, it's a South Korean company if that makes a difference. I got an IK mini this spring and recently got rid of it. I've had four other rooftop tents over the last 15 years and the mini was the worst by far. I found myself avoiding using it due to it's poor design/ pain in the ass setup and take down. My partner have some physical disabilities and the IK mini was just a miserable pain. Was glad to see it go.

This is a great feedback, thanks for that!

hypernewbie

Well, here we go again.. Received the replacement top back in Sept of '22 as dated above. I finally got around to pulling it out of the box and installing it in April of this year in preparation for the season. It looked great and everything went together well. After three outings, it's happening again - the sagging headliner issue with the map liner under the hard shell.

I need to reach out and see what the solution might be this time around. We do like the set up but this is getting frustrating...

Anyone else been having this issue?

The_Squid

Haven’t had any issues with the iKamper liner. We’ve had our iKamper for a few years now.

That sucks. Sorry about your issues. Reach out to them again. They seem to be pretty good at responding to customer issues.

CMARJEEP

Observer
Well, here we go again.. Received the replacement top back in Sept of '22 as dated above. I finally got around to pulling it out of the box and installing it in April of this year in preparation for the season. It looked great and everything went together well. After three outings, it's happening again - the sagging headliner issue with the map liner under the hard shell.

I need to reach out and see what the solution might be this time around. We do like the set up but this is getting frustrating...

Anyone else been having this issue?
I haven’t had this issue but I have a 3.0. I know it’s not a great solution but you you could try using some 3m industrial spray adhesive Where it’s coming apart. I would make an extremely small slit where it is coming off that you could fit the little can straw through and give it a good spray and then press it back on. If you did it right you shouldn’t be able to see the small hole you made.

CMARJEEP

Observer

Interesting to hear. I’ve had a couple other tents including an Autohome Maggiolina and the ikamper is easiest to setup and take down.

hypernewbie

Quick update - We have been in touch with the iKamper folks and things seem to be moving forward in the right direction - but we'll have to wait until early next year for a replacement top due to lack of inventory. I did contemplate the spray adhesive but opted not to and there are other "fixes" out there... I'm hopeful they have the adhesive issue solved by now -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles