Is this an other off road /expedition trailer brake question?

Lucky j

Explorer
About E trailer, my parts will probably come from there, since they seams to have what I need. I'm not able to find 5-5 1/2" hub in canada.

And I do carry a complete spare hub assemble with bearing on my actual off road trailer. So I see no problems carrying a brake assembly of parts for my next project.

For now, I might go with the simplicity. And I see no problemes as to overbuilt my electric line on the brake, since this is what I did with my actual trailer that is now 20 years old with over 50 000 miles (lost count) and it still as the original wiring in great shape.

So unless something come up, I think it will be electric with in-cab controler :)

Lucky j

Explorer
Ok, so now, I'm looking for parts.

I did find on the dexter axle site a 3500 lbs 10" electrical brake assembly with parking brake, but the retail price is pretty steep. It is not available on etrailer yet and they will not order or give me a price until they decide to have them on theire web site, if ever.

But for comparaison purpuse, I have look on dexter for the 6000 lbs 12" with parking brake and they were way pricier than the same dexter part on e trailer. About 70$ cheaper a piece.

So my question, anyone have a good place to purchase a 3500 lbs electric brake assembly with parking brake?

E trailer might have them on theire web sit in 2 to 4 weeks, but again, maybe not.

Thank you if any of you have something, I am also open to something else than dexter.

Lucky j

Explorer
Well, I guess this is like a personal journal! :)

Just after writing the previous post, I decided to go back to the etrailer site to find out if the part would now be on the web site. Well, the nice girls a talked to on the phone yesterday had told me that it could take up to 2 weeks if not more for the parts comity ( or something like that) to meet and decide if the patrs would be available on the site.

Well, it was quick, and I was able to order the 3500 lbs electric brake assembly with parking brake that I wanted and a very good price compare to the dexter axle site!

So parts are coming and enough of them should be regrouped to make my built by the end of spring 2017!

Yeah! :wings:

Mashurst

Adventurer
Well, I guess this is like a personal journal! :)

Just after writing the previous post, I decided to go back to the etrailer site to find out if the part would now be on the web site. Well, the nice girls a talked to on the phone yesterday had told me that it could take up to 2 weeks if not more for the parts comity ( or something like that) to meet and decide if the patrs would be available on the site.

Well, it was quick, and I was able to order the 3500 lbs electric brake assembly with parking brake that I wanted and a very good price compare to the dexter axle site!

So parts are coming and enough of them should be regrouped to make my built by the end of spring 2017!

Yeah! :wings:
Any chance you could provide part numbers?

Lucky j

Explorer
Did you look into Princess Auto in Ontario, or try maybe Marius Garon here in Quebec City?

Princess auto, maybe at one point, but do not remember seeing anything. Marius Garon did not had them in theire catalog (3500 lbs brake assembly with parking lever) and fure sure did not have the 5 x 5 1/2" bolt circle I was looking for. Asked them in person and they told me it was a us thing.

And since I was going to visit family in New-york city area begining of december. It was a no brainer.

Lucky j

Explorer
Welcome

Btw, since it is a new part on the list, a lady from e-trailer reply that they should receive them mid november. Soon enough for me to be able to pick them up in the us. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles