Is it true? 2017 Jeep Scrambler?

Mitch502

Explorer
I've read it on multiple posts. I'm sure it's accurate. I'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes. JK values might come down some, lol.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Them sons a bastidges. As if I didn't already have too many itches that need scratched. I've regretted selling mine since I did it, now they have to do this.

and leaf springs, it would suck to get a fancy scrambler with a gvwr that allows you to only carry 3 bags of groceries because some kid wants to impress his friends on an RTI ramp

piratenation90

Adventurer
and leaf springs, it would suck to get a fancy scrambler with a gvwr that allows you to only carry 3 bags of groceries because some kid wants to impress his friends on an RTI ramp

They should definitely stay with a coil system in the rear end. The Ram 1500 and 2500 are both coil springs. They changed from leaf to coil in the 1500 in 2014 model year and the 2500 2015 model year. I have a ram 1500 and it rides so much better with the coil springs vs. my dad's 2012 Laramie ram 1500 with rear leaf springs. Depending on how big, seating compacity, storage volume and towing I am hopeful that I will be able to replace my Ram 1500 in 2019 or else I will have to go with a AEV Brute with a diesel.

AZJim

Observer
The JL will probably be 2017 calendar year, not model year. Not sure if the pick up will be the same or following year.

Jim

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The AEV double cab pickup adds 24 inches to the wheelbase and then 16 more inches to the end of the frame - so 40 more inches overall. I don't think the bed is 5 feet long though...

Its getting a bit long for rock crawling - but would be great for overland usage.

piratenation90

Adventurer
The AEV double cab pickup adds 24 inches to the wheelbase and then 16 more inches to the end of the frame - so 40 more inches overall. I don't think the bed is 5 feet long though...

Its getting a bit long for rock crawling - but would be great for overland usage.

The bed is 61"x60" (length x depth)
My thoughts are to use it for overlanding.

Justincredible

Adventurer
I hope for a regular cab with a 3 seat bench with folding center console (Chevy does this well).

I know it's highly unlikely, but as long as dreams are being thrown out there...

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
If the Cherokee plant starts building 1500s, I wonder which architecture the Jeep truck would fall under?
Would it be more Jeep, or more Ram?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94