Is it possible to get one of these hightop TroopCarriers (or reasonable facsimile) in North America?

rohat

Let me know if I can help. I have people on the ground in Germany and learned a lot by importing ours.
Hello, I'd like to import a LHD Landcruiser camper to Canada from Germany. Where is best place to look or do you have people that can shop this for me?

Fishenough

Creeper
I am in BC and might be interested in a similar vehicle, we could split a seacan on the shipping.

Dog_River

Wow, I last imported a vehicle by container, Japan to west coast Canada in 2014, the current rates are 7 to 8 times currently. Ro ro has increased these last few months by about 20-25% alone.

Hello, I'd like to import a LHD Landcruiser camper to Canada from Germany. Where is best place to look or do you have people that can shop this for me?

Could you share the results if you do import? I have imported from different countries in the past, so easy to in recent years when a good shipping company and an experienced broker makes the process easy without a middle man. Been searching prices across Europe and Asia; I think many do this also, as prices work out very similar for a landed Landcruiser from where ever. That is importing yourself, buying privately or at auction. The past 2 years 70 series have jumped in price, but only in the past few months I've seen several examples dropping in price.

This 04 sold for a million yen less last night than I thought it would, but higher than my low bid to see the selling price.
eof.nbe9blhuxh95f._yayzun2hszb3lhzu28=88.=6.783hsez24_3vol2087783jsnvuc27 (1).jpg

This 91 had 197,000 kms, low end mileage for a 70 series at auction, and I missed it by a little with optimistic bid. I have bid high on 77's with closer to 100,000 kms and they are definitely going for a premium.
eof.nbe9blhuxh95f._yayzun2hszb3lhzu28=88.=6.743hsez2_13vol2068583jsnvuc27.jpg

Did I mention I also want to install a pop top roof on one?

rohat

Wow, I last imported a vehicle by container, Japan to west coast Canada in 2014, the current rates are 7 to 8 times currently. Ro ro has increased these last few months by about 20-25% alone.

Could you share the results if you do import? I have imported from different countries in the past, so easy to in recent years when a good shipping company and an experienced broker makes the process easy without a middle man. Been searching prices across Europe and Asia; I think many do this also, as prices work out very similar for a landed Landcruiser from where ever. That is importing yourself, buying privately or at auction. The past 2 years 70 series have jumped in price, but only in the past few months I've seen several examples dropping in price.

This 04 sold for a million yen less last night than I thought it would, but higher than my low bid to see the selling price.
View attachment 721608

This 91 had 197,000 kms, low end mileage for a 70 series at auction, and I missed it by a little with optimistic bid. I have bid high on 77's with closer to 100,000 kms and they are definitely going for a premium.
View attachment 721609

Did I mention I also want to install a pop top roof on one?
Nice. what did these sell for ? I'm looking at a few models right now from Europe to import but put an Alucab before importing.

Fishenough

Creeper
Nice. what did these sell for ? I'm looking at a few models right now from Europe to import but put an Alucab before importing.
The white 2004 sold for $17,000 Canadian with 157,000 km's and the 1HD-T.

I'm planning the same, why put on the top before importing? Are you currently in Germany?

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

rohat

The white 2004 sold for $17,000 Canadian with 157,000 km's and the 1HD-T.

I'm planning the same, why put on the top before importing? Are you currently in Germany?

That's cheap....although the left hand thing is kind of a pain. i'm looking at a 2005 HZJ78, with 30,000k for $54KCAN. I can do it there and drive around with it there for a while with an Alucab. Not sure of the availability of pop up tents here.

Fishenough

Creeper
That's cheap....although the left hand thing is kind of a pain. i'm looking at a 2005 HZJ78, with 30,000k for $54KCAN. I can do it there and drive around with it there for a while with an Alucab. Not sure of the availability of pop up tents here.

Well 78's are darn rare and that's crazy low mileage. I'd be tempted.

My guy at our local Capit shop in town, Vancouver Island, works hard to bringing anything, and they are a Alucab retailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles