Is is possible to sleep in a Jeep TJ ?

blaze one

Adventurer
I will have to see what my measurement of my Blazer is . I can sleep in that no problem . I may have to build the platform with a bit of a incline (3-4") to gain some space .
I have noticed that even though I am 74"~ tall standing up , when you are laying down your body is not in the most extended form it can be .

Thanks for the help guys.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Forget about it!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sleep in a Really nice huge tent with stand up room inside!

You could even sit down in a chair inside and have your morning coffee!

This is just too hard already!!!!!!!!!!

...........LOL:elkgrin:

blaze one

Adventurer
I already have a huge tent , I use that when i go on trips longer than a day or two .
I just want to beable to sleep in the truck for when I go on 1-2 day fishing trips by myself .
It is just much easier to sleep for a night when you don't have to set up a tent , then take it down . Then dry it out when i get home , if it rains .
it doesn't have to be luxury . Just enough space to lay down and sleep .
that is the reason why I bought a 4door blazer , instead of a pick-up truck .

We'll see what happens , I am still trying to decide if i should keep the :ar15: blazer ( since it is paid off ) or borrow $6000 to buy a Jeep that is the same age and miliage. :smilies27

Other opiton is to take $3000 and do a Solid Axle Swap on the blazer .Which would be cheaper in the long run .

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I sleep in my '03 wrangler on a fairly regular basis. There is room inside for both me and my dog (providing she isn't wet or has gas).

It is a bit narrow right beside the center console, but it hasn't caused me any problems, even with me being slightly wider than most.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Sleep in a Jeep Thread...........

JeepBed2.jpg

Damn, that is just too cool!! :bowdown: :clapsmile :bowdown: :clapsmile
OK, OK, so it's not cool to put yourself over or gloat, but that was one fun outfit. I miss it terribly. Of every vehicle I've ever owned and sold, that's the one I wish I could still have. That 10 week trip was the best ever. Wish I could make that trip again too.

I recently saw the Jeep's current owner in Green River, Utah. He owns the Conoco station in Lake City, Colorado and he still has my old Jeep. I traded it to him after I rolled it outside of Silverton.

Kind of funny looking at that pic since it will be 10 years old this coming November. I still have the blue blanket, the black backpack (just went to Leadville) the camera bag and toolbox. The folded up blue & white SW style blanket I used to wrap our beloved Golden Retriever in, when we had to bury him a few years ago.

Now I miss the Jeep and my old Golden....:(

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Nice story KC..........

I have that Exact Pillow case in my truck. .....helps me dream of the Southwest! ...:ylsmoke:

My Mex blanket is earth tones though..... tan/brown/white

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Scenic WonderRunner said:
I have that Exact Pillow case in my truck. .....helps me dream of the Southwest! ...:ylsmoke:

I think it was from the "Sears Bachelor Collection." :hehe:

A few years ago the wife took those sheets and pillow cases and made curtains out of them. They were still hanging in the house when we sold it this past March.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke