Is anyone running 16" or 17" Alloy wheels and skinny 33's?

1997 ZJ

Im running a 285/75R16 Firestone Destination M/T on 16" Moabs. There a little louder than I like and, wider. How is the noise with the KM2's in the 255/85 size?

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I'm running these 34/10.5/r16 bias-ply LTBs on 16x8 Moab wheels

View attachment 88150
View attachment 88151

Despite being a '34', actual measurement mounted new was 33.5. They do awesome off-road, and clean out very well. The narrowness gives a little more bite than the 12.50 tires. Never aired them down on the trail though(no OBA). They run well at highway speeds (70+ mph), and are actually quieter than the Nokian M/Ts they replaced. Out of my set of 5, 4 took minimal weights for proper balance, and the spare took quite a bit, but did balance out. Only downside is the soft compound makes them wear pretty quickly on the pavement. Two summers of DD use and mine will be pretty bald.
Goul6891,
I like to see more pics of you running those tires if you have them.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Bill, did you consider getting them siped? We'll be using a set of 255/80-17's on the new JKUR, and they will have the center lugs siped by Discount tire just to avoid the traction problems you describe.
I thought about it --- after I got rid of them.
For the money, I'd just rather buy tires that work right and don't need tinkering though. Coopers all the way.

CRJeepin

Observer
16" stock MOAB rims and 255/85 km2's, really works well and very happy with the setup. Had 35's before and like this much better for a mix of highway and offroad!

IMG_5750.jpg

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
16" stock MOAB rims and 255/85 km2's, really works well and very happy with the setup. Had 35's before and like this much better for a mix of highway and offroad!

Nice. Looks great.

Do you have a lift to accommodate those 255/85's ?

Thanks,
-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94