Is anyone else waiting on a trailer from Four Leaf Clover Fab?

plh

Explorer
Well, another one here. I didn't do the proper due diligence as well. A little different thing happened but ultimately the same ending. Ordered Jan 2021, told 6-8 weeks. I needed it for a Baja trip in March. With a lot of pressure he got me an incomplete yet registerable trailer enough ahead for me to register it. I gave it back for him to finish and he got me back a still incomplete trailer the morning we were leaving. No brakes were installed, no jerry can holder and the tire carrier offset didn't work with the tires I gave him that were on the trailer. I cut up the carrier and made it work and we used it on the trip. The trailer worked great and the build quality was very good. Well on return he picked up the trailer and had to fix the carrier, add the jerry can and complete the breaks. A year + later, still no trailer. I was pretty much resigned that he pushed my trailer to another person. Finally he said he would just do a refund/purchase back the trailer. Another 6 months and more excuses and now no responses, so I'm posting here as it's coming up on 2 years. I am contemplating filing a police report for a stolen trailer at this point as he is holding a registered paid for trailer in my name, as well as wheels and tires and not returning or paying for it. I won't speak to his personal character as everyone here who has delt with him has seen he is friendly, but as a business, this is fraud.

Police report - YES and now.

DFNDER

Wow, this is amazing and sad to see. As comparison with a reputable builder, the deposit I put in on two trailers that I have bought in the last few years were less than 10% each with full payment due one month before completion as verified by photos and vin they shared. This is with a builder that has an actual address, reference customers, has certified their trailer designs and builds with various recognized certifications, has business and product liability insurance, a website with tons of information etc. all the basics that I wanted to verify before making any order. No way would I ever put down 50% that far in advance, but I would also never buy a trailer that didn’t have industry certifications from an incorporated builder that carries product liability insurance. A lot of these backyard builders are going to go under this year, as well as some smaller companies I imagine, so now more than ever, it would be worth sticking to actual businesses with all these criteria. May cost more, but at least you will get a product. Or buy through a reputable dealer that shares these same criteria. Not meaning to sound like a told you so, but more as a caution to anyone thinking of buying from a backyard or unincorporated builder this year. I just wouldn’t.

moon-az

It took a while and 4 payments. Received a full refund from Four Leaf Clover Fab. Final payment yesterday. Good luck.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Read post #248 from 2021 from Fourleafcloverfab.

Here is an exert from this post #248:

"I have managed to build and deliver 14 trailers in the last 10 months several of which were delivered out of state. All this while working a full time job."

That right there says it all about his lack of capitalization of this hobby business and his lack of focus on the business and his customers. When you start taking BIG Deposits and making BIG Commitments to your Customer's that better be your FULL TIME JOB!

Last edited:

cseaman

Yeah, he's a piece of ********. It's unfortunate the posts on this forum don't show up on google searches, would have saved a lot of people a lot of time and energy.

cseaman

Well, another one here. I didn't do the proper due diligence as well. A little different thing happened but ultimately the same ending. Ordered Jan 2021, told 6-8 weeks. I needed it for a Baja trip in March. With a lot of pressure he got me an incomplete yet registerable trailer enough ahead for me to register it. I gave it back for him to finish and he got me back a still incomplete trailer the morning we were leaving. No brakes were installed, no jerry can holder and the tire carrier offset didn't work with the tires I gave him that were on the trailer. I cut up the carrier and made it work and we used it on the trip. The trailer worked great and the build quality was very good. Well on return he picked up the trailer and had to fix the carrier, add the jerry can and complete the breaks. A year + later, still no trailer. I was pretty much resigned that he pushed my trailer to another person. Finally he said he would just do a refund/purchase back the trailer. Another 6 months and more excuses and now no responses, so I'm posting here as it's coming up on 2 years. I am contemplating filing a police report for a stolen trailer at this point as he is holding a registered paid for trailer in my name, as well as wheels and tires and not returning or paying for it. I won't speak to his personal character as everyone here who has delt with him has seen he is friendly, but as a business, this is fraud.

Let me know if you need his home address for the police report.

Grak

This whole fiasco really stinks but as for the trailer design itself - a basic hardy clamshell bucket with nice clearance - has anyone spotted anything similar at that price? Everything’s exponentially bigger heavier more costly etc.

Johncmng

Yeah, I hear you. I think I might have gotten the last trailer from Simon. I had to go to extreme measure to get him to finish it for me. The Smittybilt Scout trailer is the closest trailer that I can think of that is similar the Four Leaf Clover.

gatorgrizz27

This whole fiasco really stinks but as for the trailer design itself - a basic hardy clamshell bucket with nice clearance - has anyone spotted anything similar at that price? Everything’s exponentially bigger heavier more costly etc.

There are these things. I’ve built an off-road open utility trailer but would still like a removable tub for it. More of a DIY deal, but possible for the average person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles