is 4x4wire gone?

ChrisCosta416

4x4wire will return, however a pretty high chance everything will be read only. A search bar will remain and I might be able to pull some photos but due to no compression on the OG photos it would take up a bunch of space.

I and we have debated on launching another forum personally I like the layout of ih8mud but I have not looked into costs yet.

BuckinghamBuilt

4x4wire will return, however a pretty high chance everything will be read only. A search bar will remain and I might be able to pull some photos but due to no compression on the OG photos it would take up a bunch of space.

I and we have debated on launching another forum personally I like the layout of ih8mud but I have not looked into costs yet.
The costs (software, hosting, image hosting) is not expensive when first starting out but monetizing will take time and you'll need lot and lot of quality content.

Following as its always good to see other sources of information that people find useful.

ChrisCosta416

The costs (software, hosting, image hosting) is not expensive when first starting out but monetizing will take time and you'll need lot and lot of quality content.

Following as its always good to see other sources of information that people find useful.
I understand, but when the original owner started it he was hosting photos uncompressed and the amount he was paying even to this day was insane. Think of hosting fees where the prices are stuck in the 2000s

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
Still makes me sad. It was almost 25 years ago when Little Joe approached me to start the mitsu section. 25 years?! How did that happen?

These days I'm usually on ih8mud and am the moderator of the mitsu section (such as it is) among others. I still have visions of the old guard coming over there...

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Still makes me sad. It was almost 25 years ago when Little Joe approached me to start the mitsu section. 25 years?! How did that happen?

These days I'm usually on ih8mud and am the moderator of the mitsu section (such as it is) among others. I still have visions of the old guard coming over there...

didn't even know there was a Mitsu section there. I'm actually surprised Mud is still around, last time I visited that forum it was overrun with pop up ads like the wire was in it's final days. I know, everyone says "just get a blocker" but the reality is that most people (myself included) will probably just be deterred from the site. Exportal works okay but it never really felt like home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles