Irresponsible behavior and social networking

jcbrandon

Explorer
Is it 1984 already?

No, it's 2010 where people videotape themselves doing stupid and illegal stuff on public land and post those videos in public places. Since that bad behavior endangers the rights of those of us who do respect the land, I'm all for taking advantage of the opportunity to catch the offenders.

Errant

Explorer
I think it's great. I'm tired of seeing people gloat over their illegal activities. Something needs to happen to change this trend before we end up with complete anarchy. This "it's OK, unless you get caught" behavior needs to stop.

kjp1969

Explorer
Stupid criminals are easier to catch. :ylsmoke:

My kids love stupid criminal stories, like the guy who tries to steal the ATM with a chain but leaves behind his bumper with the license plate attached. Or the guy who breaks into the liquor store through the skylight, but can't get out again. Or the two guys handcuffed together who try to make a break for it but end up each running on either side of a pole. Sometimes being a cop must just be too easy.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I like this part..

A phone call from Chief Raedel resolved the case.
"We were able to talk to him, educate him and he has apologized several times. As a result, we have now been able to put him to work for [the Washington State Department of Natural Resources]. Instead of creating an enemy now, we have an ally that's going to be helping us."

Education is key

Some folks never know its wrong to do certain things and to help educate and make them learn from their mistake is a great thing.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Stupid criminals are easier to catch. :ylsmoke:

My kids love stupid criminal stories, like the guy who tries to steal the ATM with a chain but leaves behind his bumper with the license plate attached. Or the guy who breaks into the liquor store through the skylight, but can't get out again. Or the two guys handcuffed together who try to make a break for it but end up each running on either side of a pole. Sometimes being a cop must just be too easy.

x2

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Case in point,robbery suspect ran into a field of tall grass,no air support or dogs.This was at night,could not find which he ran,to many trails to follow. The suspect had little red flashing lights on his shoes. We caught him a hour later when he thougt we were gone he got up and tried to run again,true story.:victory::oops:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Case in point,robbery suspect ran into a field of tall grass,no air support or dogs.This was at night,could not find which he ran,to many trails to follow. The suspect had little red flashing lights on his shoes. We caught him a hour later when he thougt we were gone he got up and tried to run again,true story.:victory::oops:

Gotta love them Payless Shoes :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles