Ironhide the 4x4 c4500 Kodiak ambo build

Msand

Importer
Hey everyone, I forgot to make a build thread for this ambo build. Like I did snow white a little over a year ago. I went into extreme detail on that build, but since I forgot to start one on this build which I am 98% complete with I'll just post pictures for your viewing.

The platform started as a 2wd medium duty ambulance, and has had a full Monroe 4x4 conversion with military axles, lockers, air ride and coil spring rear w/ military leaf springs, etc. Way to much to list.

As for the interior, I built it like a boat- just like snow white. Full king starboard construction w/ real teak trim and Marine teak flooring.

It has 1000w of solar, 600ah of religon lithium solar batteries, a Kalori 12v ac system, diesel heater, full shower w/hot water heater, 80gal fresh water tank. Etc

Oh yeah and it has 122 gallon fuel capacity in two tanks?

built this rig by myself, at my shop on the Washington coast for a friend of mine. One of my favorite builds I've done so far second to my carbon fiber 'flip pac' I custom built for my Tacoma. Which only weighs 399lbs.

Oh yeah, and I still managed to keep a girlfriend though this build process. Something I thought was going to be impossible being a 23 year old ??
Screenshot_20190911-194550.png

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I sure do like the Kodiak as a platform. Id like to find a 4x4 Gasser, and drop my popup camper on it.
Not an easy find

Looks good, I look forward to seeing more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94