iPhone 5S and 5C announcements

haven

Expedition Leader
Here's an article that compares the iPhone 5c to last year's iPhone 5. Some of the observations:
-- the 5c's plastic case is very slippery, so you'll probably need a case to protect it from damage when you drop it
-- the 5c has longer battery life than the 5 (probably due to iOS 7, plus a slightly larger battery)
-- otherwise, the 5c is just like the iPhone 5 in a colorful shell

http://bgr.com/2013/09/24/apple-iphone-5c-review/

Scott Brady

Founder
I am really not feeling the love on the OiS7. Appears to be designed by a five year old, both functionally and visually.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I am really not feeling the love on the OiS7. Appears to be designed by a five year old, both functionally and visually.

Marisa moved to ios 7 & feels the same.

It kind of reminds me of when AOL came out - everything was a little cartoon-ish. I'm thinking I'll just stick with what I have until it doesn't work anymore.

haven

Expedition Leader
Major retailers have announced discounts on the purchase of the colorful iPhone 5c.

Best Buy is offering a $50 store credit when you purchase a 5c for $99, and sign up for a two year carrier service plan. The store credit can be applied to the purchase of the phone, effectively lowering the cost of the phone to $49. This offer is good only this weekend. The $50 credit is available on some Android phone models, too.

Radio Shack has matched the Best Buy offer for the iPhone 5c. The plan will be available through the end of October.

Rather than engage in store credit shenanigans, Walmart has simply lowered the price of the iPhone 5c to $45 when you sign up for a two year contract. This new price will be available "through the holiday season," according to Walmart.

Prices for the iPhone 5s, with its advanced processor and fingerprint sensor, remain high. Walmart is offering the 5s for $189 with 2 year contract. Most other retailers charge $199.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94