introduction

granitex1

Adventurer
Long time lurker, first time poster.

What I have is a 2004 Xterra with Shrockworks front bumper, 8k winch, 125 amp alt, sliders, lights, custom roof rack and ladder, and LapTop for navigation. May not be the biggest or the baddest but it gets me where I want to go.
laptop.jpg

Picture002.jpg

mxg07034.jpg

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
"Big and bad" is over rated especially for Expedition travel. Leave "Big and Bad" to the rock crawlers. Mild lift , better shocks, good tires and good outfitting is where its at. Looks like you are doing it up right to me. The X seems to do pretty good without much mods.

Nice set up.

Welcome to EXPO.

Tanto

Adventurer
Nice setup,

How do you like the laptop mount? Is it okay for passengers, or in the way?

granitex1

Adventurer
Tanto said:
Nice setup,

How do you like the laptop mount? Is it okay for passengers, or in the way?

Its not to bad for short trips, but I do have an extention to raise it up about 4 inches.

granitex1

Adventurer
articulate said:
Nice. What laptop mount is that?

It was fabbed in my garage out of stuff that I had around, It bolts to the passanger seat bolt, and uses a plastic cutting board with velcro. The cutting board does a suprisingly good job of dampening most of the vibration out. Other than that it is a few small pieces cut, bent and welded into place.

Pad

Adventurer
Welcome!
How do you like the 'lawn chair tent'? Do you have the solo or the double wide? I was looking at those last year but never set one up and then tried to fit my GF and me in it. Thought it might look kinda silly, getting 2 people stuck in one at the store. Much more affordable than the pro. line. Looks like the might still be room for spare under it? Nice looking truck too!

Pad

granitex1

Adventurer
Pad said:
Welcome!
How do you like the 'lawn chair tent'? Do you have the solo or the double wide? I was looking at those last year but never set one up and then tried to fit my GF and me in it. Thought it might look kinda silly, getting 2 people stuck in one at the store. Much more affordable than the pro. line. Looks like the might still be room for spare under it? Nice looking truck too!

Pad

I really like it for solo travel, it is a lot more convient than one of my tents, I have the single version so that it will work on the roof or on the ground. As far as sleeping over a spare, the cot portion sags under your weight so you would be resting on the spare. About all that I did was put a bedroll in it for a little more cushion.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

Tanto

Adventurer
I noticed that your antenna is mounted to the roof rack with a spring and quick disconnect.

Is the antenna a 2 foot fire stick and how well does it work for range?

greauxpete

grainitex1,

How is the cot tent attached to your roof rack?
Do you have adapters that connect to the tubes of the tent cot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles