introduction

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
grainitex1,

How is the cot tent attached to your roof rack?
Do you have adapters that connect to the tubes of the tent cot?

Just bringing this TTT again, to see if the original poster would mind updating RE the tent cot? I assume the TentCot is bracketed to the roof. I'm wondering if it can be folded up and yet still remain bracketed to the roof. (yes, I'm thinking poor man's RTT).

Cheers
Phil

Kjell Sullivan

Observer
Welcome, you have a nice sensible build and set up. I was considering the tent/cot thingy myself, how does it perform in windy or rainy conditions? At this point the cost of and EZ Awn, FlipPac, etc. is unjustifiable for me. Depending on where I go, and the conditions, I've either slept in the back of my truck or set up my tent.

granitex1

Adventurer
It does really well in rain and wind, as far as stability are concerned. I am able to put it on top of the truck, on the trailer, or on the ground. if it is really bad out I just use the truck as a wind block and hang a tarp off of the rack as an awning.

I really enjoy the flexability of using it in any of the three options with the same setup time.

granitex1

Adventurer
I like it really well, in the past few months I picked up a netbook so I cut down the mount to fit it even better. No picks of it yet but it takes up a lot less space and is a lot lighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke