Introduction/Certification/Experience Thread

the dude

Adventurer
New to SAR as well. Our City of Saskatoon has only had a group together for about a year. My wife and I are both getting involved. She is going to do the GSAR to work in the command post and I am working with a group of other 4x4 owners in a mobile unit.

Hopefully training will go well this winter. It has been a lot of fun/hardwork so far but I really find it enjoyable.

We had our first "mock disaster" involving 15 lost canoers on a river. Over 100 volunteers showed up from 10 different organizations. It was our first attempt as a group and some good lessons were learned. It brought to every ones attention how important comunications are between the groups.

Going for my second HAM meeting next week.

jh504

Explorer
EMT
Firefighter

Johnston Ambulance
Wake Forest Fire Dept.
Rescue 24 International Search & Rescue

blupaddler

Conspirator
As an instructor for the local CERT program I can say it is a great program to get involved with. If your local area has one, you should sign up and get involved. You won't regret the decision.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Not currently wilderness certified. Let that expire will be getting it back in 09. National Registry Emt-Paramedic, High and Low angle Rescue certified, Dive Rescue certified. Ice rescue certified. Hoping to get back on a Sar Team.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior