Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

renaud

Question for those of you who upgraded to the HEST mattress, any long term review/feedback? Also what size did you go with for the Canopy Camper, Dually Long?
Hey There,
Got The Dually long for my canope camper and after trying different set up (Exped megamat included) This is by far the best mattress I have ever tried. Would buy again in a heartbeat

foster4x4

Hey,

I picked up one of these bike racks, but I’m having a hard time mounting it to the Alu-cab spare tire mount. there is a stud that protrudes from the center of the rear door mount that interferes with the mounting plate for the bike rack. I’m wondering how you worked around this?

Thanks!

Loving this thing so far, slowly building it out/ adding things as time permits; finally mounted the Exo Table via an aluminum plate that picks up all of the existing mounting holes of the door with the exception of adding one more for additional support at the passenger bottom corner.

Lots more planned but it has been crazy around here!

View attachment 619920View attachment 619921View attachment 619922

MR E30

Hey,

I picked up one of these bike racks, but I’m having a hard time mounting it to the Alu-cab spare tire mount. there is a stud that protrudes from the center of the rear door mount that interferes with the mounting plate for the bike rack. I’m wondering how you worked around this?

Thanks!

You are supposed to cut that stud down after you determine how far out you need to mount the inner piece (the one that the tire actually bolts to) based on your wheels width and rim backspacing

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Question for those of you who upgraded to the HEST mattress, any long term review/feedback? Also what size did you go with for the Canopy Camper, Dually Long?

I just purchased one myself, so can't provide any long term feedback. I did confirm with Hest that the dually long was the correct size for an ALCC. It is approx 4" shorter than the forward sleeping platform, but that just provides a place to put a couple rolled up blankets before closing. My size 13 feet are too long to be all they way towards the front anyway.

dvivian

Camped outside the Grand Canyon this past week for a few nights - outside temps dropped to around 15 degrees, and Dickinson on Low kept the camper in the 50s all night. Plenty warm for my wife and I in 15 degree sleeping bags, but definitely could have gotten things up into the 60s on high. If you are on the fence about the heater like I was, definitely go for it! Gamechanger!

Zillon

Camped outside the Grand Canyon this past week for a few nights - outside temps dropped to around 15 degrees, and Dickinson on Low kept the camper in the 50s all night. Plenty warm for my wife and I in 15 degree sleeping bags, but definitely could have gotten things up into the 60s on high. If you are on the fence about the heater like I was, definitely go for it! Gamechanger!

That sounds downright comfy with outside temps in the teens.

MR E30

Did you install a different orifice in your P9000? I have one and I used it in Sedona at ~5,000 ft, and I did not find it overly impressive. It took us from ~22 degrees to 55 degrees, running on low all night.

Gabex35

Adventurer
Those of you with the Shadow Awn, what kind of lighting are you using underneath?

I’ve been using a set of Goal Zero light a life 350’s that I’ve had for a while. I thought about having something hard mounted to arms but it’s easy to hang the lights and the 12v cords are thin enough to allow the doors to close (plugged in inside the camper).

dvivian

Did you install a different orifice in your P9000? I have one and I used it in Sedona at ~5,000 ft, and I did not find it overly impressive. It took us from ~22 degrees to 55 degrees, running on low all night.

Not sure what you mean by "orifice".... 22 to 55 on low, sipping propane, seems pretty damn good to me?....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles