Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Stevieb.o.g

Has anyone tried to instal the table bracket after the canopy has been installed? Is this possible? The place I bought my canopy camper from said it was and now they are saying the camper needs to come off… at my expense?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Has anyone tried to instal the table bracket after the canopy has been installed? Is this possible? The place I bought my canopy camper from said it was and now they are saying the camper needs to come off… at my expense?

Can be done with a 90* drill, but not the most fun job. Tacoma?

Stacinator

First post, just finished reading all 80 alu cab pages, and, saw some great ideas and tips. Thank you! I just got my alucabin. It is very cool. The electrical (three ways to charge...solar, truck, and, generator/house), heat (diesel), water, and cooler are in. Next, furniture. So many possibilities!
This is the best hobbit house on wheels, imho
Love that door! And, all those windows!
Happy adventures

Attachments

• PSX_20220713_191358.jpg
    PSX_20220713_191358.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 83
  • PSX_20220709_213057.jpg
    PSX_20220709_213057.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 74

Flyelk1

Congrats. I also have the cabin and love it! I have really taken my time on the build out.

My first order of business was the screen kit which Alu-Cab did not have at the time for the cabin. However, looking at what they are charging for them, there is no way I would do that, so I went through a commercial canvas sewing company here in Utah. They did an amazing job. Custom to what I wanted and at a huge savings over AC.

If interested, let me know and I will give you further details. You’ll love the cabin

Gabex35

Adventurer
My first order of business was the screen kit which Alu-Cab did not have at the time for the cabin. However, looking at what they are charging for them, there is no way I would do that, so I went through a commercial canvas sewing company here in Utah.

If interested, let me know and I will give you further details. You’ll love the cabin

im interested in the screen idea. I’m just about finished inside and wanted to get something up to keep the mosquitoes out.

Attachments

• 5FDB154A-6D36-4AC6-B5C7-7A43A119BF36.jpeg
    5FDB154A-6D36-4AC6-B5C7-7A43A119BF36.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 164
  • 07E443C9-1A23-41A3-99F8-8B360ED1C7F9.jpeg
    07E443C9-1A23-41A3-99F8-8B360ED1C7F9.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 151

Stacinator

Congrats. I also have the cabin and love it! I have really taken my time on the build out.

My first order of business was the screen kit which Alu-Cab did not have at the time for the cabin. However, looking at what they are charging for them, there is no way I would do that, so I went through a commercial canvas sewing company here in Utah. They did an amazing job. Custom to what I wanted and at a huge savings over AC.

Thank you! I might be interested in the screens, for sure. Currently, I bought a magnetic screen door covering, and, have made curtains, using velcro.

If that doesn't work, I will definitely need an option.

I really want the grilled window cover, so, I can safely have a window open, and, not worry about the dog jumping out.

Building this camper is half the fun!

azerathis

Anyone know where this dust is coming in from and how to seal it? I used foil tape and silicone under the plastic bedside caps before the camper was installed, so I don’t think it’s the holes in the top of the bedsides. Are there larger holes under the bed rail on the third gen Tacoma?
The bed has sides are like fenders hanging over the composite bed you would need to remove the sides and seal under them I believe to eliminate dust and water intrusion.

camodog

Adventurer
Does anyone have a workaround besides riveting, for the interior bags? The glue on mine has given out after all the heat cold cycles. I don’t want to rivet the bags as they may not be what I want as a permanent solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles