Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

siebermd

Adventurer
If you were wondering (like I was before I got my Alu-cab) you can fit Jackery Solar panels on the shelf under the bed when the camper is closed up. Fits right in there perfectly.
008E902F-F83F-466B-AD3F-23BD7149B03A.jpegE3FF66B8-8B01-4BFC-ABEB-99B93721E848.jpeg

seatoskyexplorer

I deployed the awning on the front of the camper's tent for the first time over the weekend, and found that one of the rods conflicts with the location of the Dickinson chimney / deck fitting. The rod is rubbing against the deck fitting and the awning isn't properly tensioned. Anyone else with the Dickinson heater have the same issue and have a good workaround?

Attachments

• IMG_5267.jpg
    IMG_5267.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 67

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
I deployed the awning on the front of the camper's tent for the first time over the weekend, and found that one of the rods conflicts with the location of the Dickinson chimney / deck fitting. The rod is rubbing against the deck fitting and the awning isn't properly tensioned. Anyone else with the Dickinson heater have the same issue and have a good workaround?

let me double check mine. I havent recalled it being an issue and nothing really stood out to me. lm heading out this week anyways and will take a few photos.

Flyelk1

I have that exact same issue. Getting it fixed tomorrow (Wednesday). Not sure what the fix is, but they said they are aware of the issue and have fixed multiple others.

Flyelk1

Took about 10 minutes of bending the pole by hand a particular way to make it work . It runs from the cleat, up to the left of the chimney pipe and to the grommet on the fly. Easier than I thought it would be.

Stevieb.o.g

Ordered my canopy camper a couple weeks. Hope for an early May instal.
questions…
how are the lights, usb etc hooked into the electrical system?
anyone integrate a goal zero Or similar modular system?

great forum. Stoked on the info and peoples builds.
thanks.

Stevieb.o.g

Also… how hard is it to remove the 270 awning. Not sure I want to leave it on all winter in our rainy, cold climate…
im sure I’ll have lots more questions. Thanks in advance!

Flyelk1

My electrical is run through an Ecoflow Delta. Similar to Goal Zero with a couple of differences I preferred. I also have 186 watt Sunflare panel to charge as needed. Very clean. Love it!
The 270 looks easy enough to remove when needed. I have the AluCabin on a Tundra. Not sure if the awning mounts are different between the two?

Gabex35

Adventurer
Getting my alucabin installed in a couple weeks and prepping for the install by removing some of the stuff that won’t be used. What did you guys do about the truck mounted third brake light? Does it flash into the cab at night under braking? Thinking about removing the bulb but wasn’t sure if it was a non issue.

Stevieb.o.g

My electrical is run through an Ecoflow Delta. Similar to Goal Zero with a couple of differences I preferred. I also have 186 watt Sunflare panel to charge as needed. Very clean. Love it!
The 270 looks easy enough to remove when needed. I have the AluCabin on a Tundra. Not sure if the awning mounts are different between the two?
Thanks for that. I’ll check out the echoflow?

Flyelk1

I haven’t noticed the third brake light at night. The back cab windows on my truck are tinted so maybe that’s why I haven’t even noticed it?
Also, something I didn’t consider was the rear view mirror. Absolutely useless now, so I may remove it completely.

JBinAZ

I haven’t noticed the third brake light at night. The back cab windows on my truck are tinted so maybe that’s why I haven’t even noticed it?
Also, something I didn’t consider was the rear view mirror. Absolutely useless now, so I may remove it completely.
I love my van top camera and rear view mirror overlay. Basically an always on rear view camera where your mirror used to be. It has a bit of a wide angle effect which is awesome in heavy traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles