Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Chorky

Observer
Anyone out there rockin one of these on the Ranger? I see a lot of Toyota and Chevy, no Rangers though other than some random youtube vid's.

seekoutbeauty

Quite a few people are.
We have personally installed two at Tiny Rig.
We have done a double cab short bed and an access cab long bed.

Anyone out there rockin one of these on the Ranger? I see a lot of Toyota and Chevy, no Rangers though other than some random youtube vid's.

Would someone be able to share some more detailed information/pictures about how these water taps are installed through the rear bulkhead of the camper? I am thinking the braided hose comes through a drilled hole in the inside panel (using a grommet & butyl to seal protect the hose) and then onto a female barb fitting and the spigot screws into that? I just need some visuals & ideas if someone could please. Trying to understand how the spigot is held in place on the outside bulkhead panel. Any input is appreciated.

seekoutbeauty

Water tank fitment instructions: https://www.alu-cab.com/wp-content/...ank-Kit-CC-A-WT-KIT-Fitment-Instruction-3.pdf

Would someone be able to share some more detailed information/pictures about how these water taps are installed through the rear bulkhead of the camper? I am thinking the braided hose comes through a drilled hole in the inside panel (using a grommet & butyl to seal protect the hose) and then onto a female barb fitting and the spigot screws into that? I just need some visuals & ideas if someone could please. Trying to understand how the spigot is held in place on the outside bulkhead panel. Any input is appreciated.

Decided to cut a hole in one of my Goose Gear storage cabinets so that I could install an access hatch which gives me easier access to my kitchen gear. I really like the GG drawers but wanted to go a more lightweight route and keep it simplistic. I used a DPI Marine flush hatch. The face of the storage cabinet is now quite a bit more rigid and stronger than it was previously. I did a "sandwich" type install with SS bolts/nuts as well as added some VHB around the perimeter to add even more strength. It doesn't have to support any significant weight but I wanted to make sure everything was supported properly. All of my kitchen gear sits down very low and doesn't even come in contact with the face of the cabinet. I also store lightweight clothes and jackets here as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 143

Chorky

Observer
2. We need a solution for ourselves and two growing kids. As we expected going in, the 5' bed is not enough space to lie down in. It is just doable in a pinch. Of course, we can always do tent to suplement, but that kind of destroys point of camper in first place -- quick deploy and a place to keep us (kids esp.) safe from bears and cougars. (That's no joke around here.) My current thinking is to create a platform at level of side window base and build an insert to extend out one side window. My wife and kids think there won't be enough head room but I mocked it up and I think it will work ok. Anyone seen anything like that? Assuming not, I'll just build it and share it here when I'm done.

View attachment 672023

Have you seen Alu-Cab's The Ossewa. It has a side tent. I don' know that it's still available, but you might get some ideas from watching this 5 year old video.

Here's another they call the Four Sleeper Camper

kthompson

Sneak peek of a little project coming from the GP Factor crew, a pizza delivery hatch (or window) for the canopy camper side doors. ? Bolts into the existing cup square slots and does not require any cutting of the door bracing for installation. We utilized a Lewmar size 4 portlight versus a traditional "RV" style window, as the quality and feel of these windows is unmatched. Mounting kit should land around $130 and these portlights can be had for $330-$400 depending on color / options.
View attachment 666869
View attachment 666870View attachment 666871View attachment 666873View attachment 666874
@rino Curious if there is an ETA on the window kit from GP?

Sneak peek of a little project coming from the GP Factor crew, a pizza delivery hatch (or window) for the canopy camper side doors. ? Bolts into the existing cup square slots and does not require any cutting of the door bracing for installation. We utilized a Lewmar size 4 portlight versus a traditional "RV" style window, as the quality and feel of these windows is unmatched. Mounting kit should land around $130 and these portlights can be had for $330-$400 depending on color / options.
View attachment 666869
View attachment 666870View attachment 666871View attachment 666873View attachment 666874
Any more info on these windows? Any chance the concept add a few inches vertically?

Good Evening Folks!

Can anyone who installed the side bug nets on their own or for one of the dealer/installers active on here recommend the best rivet size to use for keeping the velcro in place permanently. I was thinking 3/16 dia, but was wondering what length was being used by most? Do you need a different length for riveting the end strips versus the top? Any recommendations are appreciated.

seekoutbeauty

What you have sounds like it will work - I really recommend just riveting the whole screen on.
Its a nice thought to remove them, but there really isn't a need...I haven't thought of one at least....

Good Evening Folks!

Can anyone who installed the side bug nets on their own or for one of the dealer/installers active on here recommend the best rivet size to use for keeping the velcro in place permanently. I was thinking 3/16 dia, but was wondering what length was being used by most? Do you need a different length for riveting the end strips versus the top? Any recommendations are appreciated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles