Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

rvrboy

Finally got this done today with my friends at ROKO Vehicles. Expedition Essentials Maxtrax quick mount. A VERY well engineered and built design. Thank you to jeff and the crew at EE and @HudsonZRoamer for the help. (y)

Attachments

• EE Maxtrax Bracket 04 060821.JPG
    EE Maxtrax Bracket 04 060821.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 141
  • EE Maxtrax Bracket 05 060821.JPG
    EE Maxtrax Bracket 05 060821.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 146
  • EE Maxtrax Bracket 08 060821.JPG
    EE Maxtrax Bracket 08 060821.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 141

hksjza70

The third photo is looking up from underneath the truck, behind the quarter panel and above the wheel well. Saw your IG story today removing the camper. I think my best option is to take it off and seal up underneath the bed caps like wackyhacky76CO had done. How labor intensive is it to remove these campers? I have access to a shop with a hoist, hopefully making it relatively easy?

Maybe not as useful since your camper is on already, but I pulled the bedside caps before camper install and lined around each of the holes with butyl tape. Sandwiched the butyl tape between the bed and bed caps, camper on top of that. Can't say I've put it through the ringer yet, but the theory should work.

Hourless Life

Does anyone have one of the Goose Gear Double Drawer cabinet modules in a short bed Taco or similar? I was curious how big the actual inside drawer space was if someone is willing to please take some measurements, inside length x width x depth of both drawers? Wondering if I can cram all of kitchen stuff into one of these or not.

We are getting our rig built out now at Juniper Overland. It is a Jeep Gladiator (5' bed) and we have two Goose Gear double drawer modules toward the rear and two Goose Gear Utility Cabinets on the bulkhead side. I'll be at the shop on Monday morning. If you send me an instagram message @hourlesslife I can take some photos and get you dimensions of the drawers. I will tell you that they are small drawers. But like I said, shoot me a message on IG (otherwise I'll forget) and I'll get you the info. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

@wackyhacky76CO here you go. Sorry for the delay.

The Goose Gear top and bottom drawers have the same length and width, but different depths.

Interior measurements on top drawer: 16.5" wide, 10" long, 5.5" deep.
Interior measurements on bottom drawer 16.5" wide, 10" long, 7.25" deep.

Keep in mind this is for the Jeep Gladiator. It is possible the dimensions are different for a different vehicle and I'd double check that with the team at Goose Gear.

Here are some photos for what it is worth

IMG_6737.JPG

IMG_6739.JPG
IMG_6738.JPG

Hope that is helpful to you ~ Eric

@wackyhacky76CO here you go. Sorry for the delay.

The Goose Gear top and bottom drawers have the same length and width, but different depths.

Interior measurements on top drawer: 16.5" wide, 10" long, 5.5" deep.
Interior measurements on bottom drawer 16.5" wide, 10" long, 7.25" deep.

Keep in mind this is for the Jeep Gladiator. It is possible the dimensions are different for a different vehicle and I'd double check that with the team at Goose Gear.

Here are some photos for what it is worth

View attachment 666555

View attachment 666556
View attachment 666557

Hope that is helpful to you ~ Eric

Super helpful Eric. Thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it.

Good Luck with the build & the forthcoming journey!

SoyBoy

I know it is just flat black - But - has anyone used a specific brand of flat black on the accc that matches the paint best for touch-up purposes & paint assorted pieces of aluminum I have added to the accc. THX

seekoutbeauty

Nothing documented, that I am aware of. (@rino may know of something though)

I personally just air things out after a trip. If my awning looks dirty, I rinse it.
Pull the Mattress out or at least flip it.

I wash the camper like I wash my truck. I even use the same drying aid on the camper and it gives it a nice new look.
I recommend this stuff - It is like "voodoo magic amazingness" Beadmaker Drying Aid. Spraying it directly on the vehicle is fine, but I have noticed that when I spray it directly on the camper, it seems to attract more dirt/dust where I spray it. I find that doing the entire truck first, and then hitting the camper when I am done is best.
I use beadmaker on the awning bag too, and it works well. If you want to use something that is specific to vinyl and plastics for those pieces, like the awning bag, try something like Aerospace 303 UV protectant.

The thing that I struggle most washing is the chimney (because I am paranoid about water getting inside). I have now avoided it all together when washing, and at the end of the wash, I take my wet microfibers from drying the truck, and just wipe it down.

I was digging around the Alu-Cab USA website's list of manuals/instructions, but couldn't find anything on this topic. @rino or @seekoutbeauty are there any specific care instructions, cleaning, protectants, etc. for the tent material or Shadow Awn material that are recommended to be done each year, etc?

Last edited:

2012Taco

AlumEscape
I know it is just flat black - But - has anyone used a specific brand of flat black on the accc that matches the paint best for touch-up purposes & paint assorted pieces of aluminum I have added to the accc. THX

I've used Rustoleum Textured Black and was pretty satisfied. The hinges and diamond plate pieces are what were painted (don't mind the bug guts). I think the Krylon Textured Black was pretty similar which I used when I couldn't track down the Rusto.
20210616_163118.jpg20210616_162955.jpg20210616_163127.jpg

Nothing documented, that I am aware of. (@rino may know of something though)

I personally just air things out after a trip. If my awning looks dirty, I rinse it.
Pull the Mattress out or at least flip it.

I wash the camper like I wash my truck. I even use the same drying aid on the camper and it gives it a nice new look.
I recommend this stuff - It is like "voodoo magic amazingness" Beadmaker Drying Aid. Spraying it directly on the vehicle is fine, but I have noticed that when I spray it directly on the camper, it seems to attract more dirt/dust where I spray it. I find that doing the entire truck first, and then hitting the camper when I am done is best.
I use beadmaker on the awning bag too, and it works well. If you want to use something that is specific to vinyl and plastics for those pieces, like the awning bag, try something like Aerospace 303 UV protectant.

The thing that I struggle most washing is the chimney (because I am paranoid about water getting inside). I have now avoided it all together when washing, and at the end of the wash, I take my wet microfibers from drying the truck, and just wipe it down.

Thanks @seekoutbeauty . I am curious to see if @rino will have anything. I just figured it should get some sort of protectant once a year or something on the canvas.

I am doing the same as far as washing the rest of the camper, though I will have to check out some of those products. Just using carwash products and then toweling everything down. Always turns out pretty good.

Something else I was looking for if anyone knows is the weight rating for any roof mounted items. I couldn't find that either. Can you stand on the roof & walk around? I don't think I ever saw anything on that, but was wondering if that was safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94