Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

SoyBoy

Picked up my canopy camper from Mule Expedition Outfitters in Oregon and all I have to say is wow. It completely exceeded my expectations. Once you get one you’re already thinking of the next thing your going to do to it. Whether that be adding a fireplace, goose gear cabinets, etc. If you have any doubts just push those aside and go buy one. I hadn’t seen one in person until one was sitting on my truck. All I have to say is it completely changes the look of the truck. Here’s a picture I took after picking it up!

View attachment 638528
That looks really nice.
What size of tires are those and how much of a lift did you install. THX

msoverland

We've recently installed a furnace in the Canopy Camper and already have several nights/days tested in the truck this winter. We've slept in 20F evenings under sleet and snow and are using the truck as a mobile ski chalet on our trips to the slopes.

Here's our feedback:

1) Easy startup, 15+ sec to light the pilot.
2) Cut the gas off first nd let the furnace burn out instead of disconnecting lines or leaving them full of propane.
3) consider installing an RV fan in the camper to circulate, the furnace fan isn't super powerful.
4) the camper stays warmest on cold cold nights with the small be platform lifted, closing this platform will only heat the first floor.
5) may opt to get some sort of gauge to monitor propane levels, still on the first tank and have over 40 hours running it between HI and LO.
6) the Bedrug against the sidewalls of the camper help insulate and it'd be nice to insulate the canopy wings, probably going to craft something at some point.

Want to see our GP Factor install? Watch it here >> GP Factor Furnace Install

maxresdefault (4).jpg

blake92242

I know many of you were worried about frozen latches on the side doors. So far the camper has had 3 nights of below 10 degree weather and the latches have worked as they should.

Also I know there was talk about lead times. Mule has a lead time of around 3 weeks for the 5 foot models and around April for the 6ft. models. Although @rino would have a ton more insight on this.

I'm curious how people are insuring their Alu-Cab Canopy Campers. Are you including it as part of your vehicle policy, or insuring separately as a camper? Pros and cons with either?

LocoX

This makes it sound like Alu-cab is working on a full size canopy camper... I really hope so!!

Taken from their US Distributor's site:

Unfortunately Alu-Cab does not have a product range for the Full Size truck.
We at Alu-Cab and OK4WD realize the the market needs and hope to introduce to our product offering soon.

I'm curious how people are insuring their Alu-Cab Canopy Campers. Are you including it as part of your vehicle policy, or insuring separately as a camper? Pros and cons with either?

It was no issue for me at all. I sent State Farm the name/manufacturer, the MSRP and the serial number and they endorsed it to the policy for the Tacoma with no increase in premiums.

To Blake
Picked up my canopy camper from Mule Expedition Outfitters in Oregon and all I have to say is wow. It completely exceeded my expectations. Once you get one you’re already thinking of the next thing your going to do to it. Whether that be adding a fireplace, goose gear cabinets, etc. If you have any doubts just push those aside and go buy one. I hadn’t seen one in person until one was sitting on my truck. All I have to say is it completely changes the look of the truck. Here’s a picture I took after picking it up!

View attachment 638528
Blake- saw you on Reserve St. last night after work! Thing looks great. I'd love to see it up close someday!!!

Mtpisgah

Hello,
New and impressionable member here. We ordered an ACCC from AVO today, it should arrived in about two weeks. I am still reading through the 45 pages but was too excited to wait to post.

We will be putting it in a 2021 Gladiator Mojave. We will be using a Genesis battery system for power and an Expedition Essentials kitchen. We are still trying to decide on the Goose Gear kit or building storage myself. I am a hobbyist fine furniture maker so I know I can do it, just not sure I want to. We will probably use it for a few trips before deciding for sure.

Current truck mods are LOD Destroyer rear bumper, LOD Signature front bumper and Rok Blokz mud flaps. An ARB dual air compressor and Warm EVO 10S winch are planned. I will see how it rides with the topper and then decide if we need air bags or not.

We are looking forward to our adventuring in our new rig.

Paul

Attachments

• 901687CB-8740-4F53-87E4-45C2AB2BA934.jpeg
    901687CB-8740-4F53-87E4-45C2AB2BA934.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
Could someone who has the Shadow Awn mounted to their canopy camper please take a few pictures of where the mounting brackets attach to the camper and how they sit against the frame/structure of the camper? I would really appreciate it. It could be with the lid popped open or closed, doesn't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles