Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

2012Taco

AlumEscape
Not in the near future, we are busier than ever and just trying to keep up at the moment. ?

Water tanks are on the water! Official announcement i'm awaiting from HQ as they need to time globally for supply reasons. We have 30 on the way, if you are interested let your local dealer or myself know and we can hold one for you! Pricing estimated at $599 including all mounts and vent kit. On the note of water tank, here is my prototype installed with a 3.0GPM pump. Keeping it super simple, I made a plate to attached the pump to the underside T-slot up front in the camper and for shower head picked up an aluminum hose end with a new style flex garden hose. Kind of unrefined but will not fail and at 25' i can reach around the whole truck to wash my boat off coming out of the river and clean my mountain bike.

Leaving saturday for two weeks in Colorado, will get some better shots!

View attachment 607985

View attachment 607986

View attachment 607987

@rino - Can I get confirmation that this tank can be installed outside the camper in front of the front bulkhead on a Tacoma? The fella I just chatted with on Facebook indicated that I can't but I need to confirm so I know whether or not to cancel my pre-order. Thanks!

Tacoma_CC

Can I get the dimensions of the upper aft cushion ? looks like 60"x3"x? seen it used for a bench in the Tacoma dcsb. good idea. thanks.

Clinton Morse

Can I get the dimensions of the upper aft cushion ? looks like 60"x3"x? seen it used for a bench in the Tacoma dcsb. good idea. thanks.
23.5"x50"x3" - Here is how I have mine set up in a Tacoma 6' bed extended cab. Plywood w/ cleats over milk crates for storage.

Attachments

• 20200930_121818.jpg
    20200930_121818.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 196

Clinton Morse

Rin - any dimensions and/or diagrams on the new water tank? Particularly trying to determine depth - how much it will hang forward of the rail and also would like to know the positioning of the (4) 1/2" ports. Description indicates (4) ports, but the photos seem to show a fill cap in upper right corner and a tap in the lower left, but can't see any others. Thanks.
PS - Have these landed in NJ yet? I'd like to put my name on one, but may not be able to get down to NJ until later in the fall.

2ayne

Rin - any dimensions and/or diagrams on the new water tank? Particularly trying to determine depth - how much it will hang forward of the rail and also would like to know the positioning of the (4) 1/2" ports. Description indicates (4) ports, but the photos seem to show a fill cap in upper right corner and a tap in the lower left, but can't see any others. Thanks.
PS - Have these landed in NJ yet? I'd like to put my name on one, but may not be able to get down to NJ until later in the fall.
They told me they should land around Oct. 10th. You can checkout the specs on OK4wd website and place an order for them. Free shipping. Also they’re on the Alu-cab site now.

seekoutbeauty

Not a super easy install. Took a lot of time to do it right and still a lot of small things to take care of.
@rino - Thanks for your awesome customer service.
@2ayne - When we going camping? Get out to the best coast.

If anyone is on the fence about making a purchase, don't be. I expected amazing quality and my expectations were blown away. These things are dialed.
Can't wait to tinker with it, and get everything dialed in.

I think I will be adding a water tank and possibly the screens(I may take a stab at making some screens first).

KHf3BOn.jpg

llQFgps.jpg

DzX8Bbv.jpg

rvrboy

Anyone add a shore power plug and charger or a charger/Inverter to their rig? If so can you please share details and a few pics? I've been thinking about doing this to have another source of charging besides the alternator and solar.
Tx

seekoutbeauty

Anyone add a shore power plug and charger or a charger/Inverter to their rig? If so can you please share details and a few pics? I've been thinking about doing this to have another source of charging besides the alternator and solar.
Tx
I’d prob do the shore power plug in one of the filler panels. Lots of room in there.

2012Taco

AlumEscape
Tx

I went with a NOCO GCP1E in my driver side filler panel with the 110v wire routed through a cable gland to the camper interior where the rest of my electrics are. From there it runs into its own junction box, through a Blue Sea circuit breaker and to a GFCI in my electric cabinet. In there I installed the NOCO Genius 2D charger which says it can put out 2A which should keep things topped up if I'm somewhere I can plug in. If nothing else it's nice to have shore power in the driveway when packing for a trip as it allows my to run the fridge on 110v easily while getting everything cooled down and packed up.

20201011_102831.jpg20201011_103115.jpg20201011_103127.jpg

Louisd75

Adventurer
Anyone had a chance to use these in real rain? Any issues with leaks? I keep writing these off based off of extremely negative experiences with my AluCab canopy and leaks, but I keep coming back around to them because there are a lot of neat ideas. So who here has used them in the rain?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles