Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

mdelongpre

Is there any way to modify the canopy camper to allow 4 jacks/stands to attach to the corners and be able to use the truck as a truck? I will be daily driving the truck (17' Tacoma). Or has anyone found a quicker way to remove the camper from the truck other than a forklift?

Just returned from 4 weeks on the road across the US, largely staying out on the west coast. We stayed a total of 23 nights in the canopy camper, and I don't think there could have been a better way to enjoy the trip. Effortless performance by the truck + camper along all of the highway hauls and dirt/sand/gravel tracks, and the perfect level of comfort for the two of us.
Hi jj: We are getting ready for a 3-week trip September/October starting at our homne in Western Colorado then Utah and Northern AZ. Trying to minimize trips to town. How much propane did you go through? How much water? More pictures, please!

For those who purchased a rostra camera, where did y'all source it? Thanks

Hi hzszka: I needed a front camera for hazard spotting and line picking. This was cheap but works well. The camera is discrete, solar powered and water/bombproof. The screen mounts to the inside of the windshield and plugs into the 12v socket. No wires and does the job. It's not as good/detailed as my factory backup camera but it was much cheaper and super easy to install. $70 at Wal-Mart

gnel

Is there any way to modify the canopy camper to allow 4 jacks/stands to attach to the corners and be able to use the truck as a truck? I will be daily driving the truck (17' Tacoma). Or has anyone found a quicker way to remove the camper from the truck other than a forklift?

On my truck the camper doesn´t sit far enough outside of the bed to make jacks practical. A hoist would work if you have a shop or garage that would accomodate it. Other than that I think a forklift is it?

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Hi jj: We are getting ready for a 3-week trip September/October starting at our homne in Western Colorado then Utah and Northern AZ. Trying to minimize trips to town. How much propane did you go through? How much water? More pictures, please!

Sounds like a great time to be heading that way! We did a lot of no-cook dinners since it was so hot for most of the trip (including takeout), so we only went through around 5lbs of propane on the trip. I believe we averaged about 1.5 gallons of water a day, although I would plan for 2 gallons a day - we had 2 7-gallon tanks in the backseat of the truck. I loaded my instagram up with pics and won't spam the forum with them, but here is a shot from one of my favorite spots in UT :)

Attachments

• DSC_9688.jpg
    DSC_9688.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 71

seekoutbeauty

Just mounted my 5 lb. gas tank with a Power Tank BKT-2285-ss for a 8 inch dia. tank.:)

View attachment 605010View attachment 605011

Looks good! Fits perfectly.
I just snagged an 11 gallon tank and their mount to mount up on the outside (Without the Molle Panels). I picked up a propane firepit because of all the fire bans out here in California and figured I can use it for that, the skottle, and the fireplace if my spare allows the inlet/outlet housing to fit.

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
I just snagged an 11 gallon tank and their mount to mount up on the outside (Without the Molle Panels). I picked up a propane firepit because of all the fire bans out here in California and figured I can use it for that, the skottle, and the fireplace if my spare allows the inlet/outlet housing to fit.
What fire pit do you have? We looked at some prior to our trip for the same reason but didn't find one in time (or one that would fit with 4 weeks of gear). Still want to have one for the convenience factor.

gnel

Thanks! I´m really happy with the fit. Please post up some photos of your 11lber when you mount it.

seekoutbeauty

What fire pit do you have? We looked at some prior to our trip for the same reason but didn't find one in time (or one that would fit with 4 weeks of gear). Still want to have one for the convenience factor.

Haven't used it yet, haven't even received it because they are sold out everywhere. A friend of mine, who is always cold, has one and says it keeps her and a few people plenty warm.
It is super small but puts out 55,000 BTUs, like the other units, which are much larger.

seekoutbeauty

If possible, would someone please share some photos of the track system on the exterior (Where the molle panels mount) and anywhere else the track system exists?
Please and thank you

gnel

IMG_20200824_154540.jpgIMG_20200824_154513.jpgIMG_20200824_154522.jpgIMG_20200824_154556.jpg

Is this what you needed? The black plastic fillers are the track above the back door and cab side of the side doors. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles