Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Hello Friends: I just mounted a Road Shower to the load bars of my CC. It weighs 84 lbs. full of water. It is mounted near the front so the shower nozzle is over the shower curtain frame, but that weight makes it much harder to lift the roof for tent deployment. The shower has a side mount option, and if I could mount it to the lower part of the clamshell (below the rubber tent gasket), I won't have to lift all that water. Can I rivnut into that piece below the bed gasket to make a shower mount? I can't tell what is behind that surface and whether the surface is sturdy enough to handle that kind of weight. Any ideas? Thanks!

Clinton Morse

Hello Friends: I just mounted a Road Shower to the load bars of my CC. It weighs 84 lbs. full of water. It is mounted near the front so the shower nozzle is over the shower curtain frame, but that weight makes it much harder to lift the roof for tent deployment. The shower has a side mount option, and if I could mount it to the lower part of the clamshell (below the rubber tent gasket), I won't have to lift all that water. Can I rivnut into that piece below the bed gasket to make a shower mount? I can't tell what is behind that surface and whether the surface is sturdy enough to handle that kind of weight. Any ideas? Thanks!
Could you rotate it 90 degrees and place it more or less over the hinge? That way you wouldn't be lifting the water much and the outlet would still be pretty much over the shower enclosure. Would increase aerodynamic drag though

seekoutbeauty

Personally, I would prob go for something smaller and mount it to a roof rack in front of the camper.

camodog

Adventurer
Has anyone found good little bags to use in the Alu-Cab zippered pockets on the rear door or bulkhead of the camper?
I envision having a bag for 1st aid, or small toorolls or maybe something for personal hygiene or kitchen storage, that we could quickly grab and go.

of course, pics and amazon links appreciated!

seekoutbeauty

Has anyone found good little bags to use in the Alu-Cab zippered pockets on the rear door or bulkhead of the camper?
I envision having a bag for 1st aid, or small toorolls or maybe something for personal hygiene or kitchen storage, that we could quickly grab and go.

I've got these saved in my cart. Haven't ordered them yet, but after sifting through a lot of stuff on amazon, I liked the size of these.

Colby Jack

Traveler
I really like the OR backcountry organizer pouches. Or Kifaru pullouts.
2e1895f0e6d1652e9b487d1d44ccebda.jpg

Boltripper

Not sure if the zipper pockets in the Kahya are the same size as the canopy camper, but I made these to fit my Khaya pockets.
IMG_20200808_155044.jpg

IMG_20200808_155120.jpg

Best,

John

Boltripper

For those who purchased a rostra camera, where did y'all source it? Thanks

I'm still looking for my receipt, but I called Rostra and they provided me with a retailer. I'd start with them and if I can find their info I'll revert back and provide it.

Rostra
(800) 782-3379

Best,

John

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Just returned from 4 weeks on the road across the US, largely staying out on the west coast. We stayed a total of 23 nights in the canopy camper, and I don't think there could have been a better way to enjoy the trip. Effortless performance by the truck + camper along all of the highway hauls and dirt/sand/gravel tracks, and the perfect level of comfort for the two of us.

Attachments

• DSC_9971.jpg
    DSC_9971.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles